“Wonderful Hotel with Wonderful Owners”

Hotel Il Bargellino
Ranked #118 of 422 Hotels in Florence
Massachusetts
“Wonderful Hotel with Wonderful Owners”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have stayed in this hotel several times, This March I was there for 4 days by myself. I felt very welcomed & comfortable. The location is perfect; an easy walk from the train station, close to Mercato Centrale & all the sites, but on a relatively quiet street. My room was on the street side but very little annoying noise at night. Carmel was always available when I had questions about Florence. The terrace was a good place to chat with other guests or have a picnic meal. After spending my days seeing Florence it was so comforting to return to Il Bargellino in the evenings.
Trattoria Guelfa, almost next door, is a friendly place to get a good & economical meal.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed here for about a week and couldn't have been happier with the choice. Its a great hotel for what I needed. The room I had was kind of small as was the bed, but I really had no issue with that. Others may find that to be an inconvenience.
The location is perfect, you can walk anywhere from here.
The owners were incredibly warm and welcoming, they even shared dinner with me one night which was very nice.
If I ever return this will be the only place I will stay at, assuming its not booked full.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Micromac
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 January 2014

By boyfriend and I spent a few days at this hotel while touring Italy, and we loved it!! Pino (the owner) is such a sweet guy, right from the start he made us feel welcome and helped us find all the info we were looking for on how to get from place to place and other helpful details about the city. Our room was GIANT!!! My boyfriend stayed in 4 hotels in various cities throughout Italy while on our trip, and this was by far the largest. It was also very well decorated with a ton of old world Italian furnishings and charm. There is also a very large terrace where my boyfriend and I went to enjoy a glass of wine a few times, and it was just lovely. For the price, this place is a huge steal!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Stoneham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Rock Steves, Americas leading authority on European travel, knew what he was doing when he listed Hotel Il Bargellino as the place to stay in Florence at an affordable price.

My wife and I visited Florence in November 2013 for 6 days. Hotel Il Bargellino worked out great for us.

The hotel is in a perfect location: close to the train station, shopping, markets, sightseeing and restaurants. You can walk everywhere. The owners Carmel & Pinot are wonderful, warm & friendly. We walked to restaurants, bars, the market and everywhere else including the train station when we decided to visit Venice for a day trip and also walked to the bus station and visited Siena for a day trip. On our last day in Florence we walked with our luggage to the train station and boarded a train to Rome. That's how close everything is to Hotel Il Bargellino.

The room we had was big, nicely furnished, had a large comfortable bed and a modern bathroom with shower. Our room overlooked the street which was great. We could see and hear all the locals milling around, riding bikes and going about their day and nights. It's a big city and it's exactly what we expected and wanted to experience while staying in Florence. Other rooms back up to the terrace with doors that lead out onto the terrace. These rooms would be more on the quiet side. So there is something for everyone.

The roof top terrace is such a nice place to sit and relax every morning with a coffee and every evening with a glass of wine after being out all day.

In our opinion, this is a great place to stay in Florence. Very comfortable, relaxing, convenient, affordable and so Italian.

Thank you Pinot & Carmel - We had an awesome experience!

Best Regards
Vin & Debi
Stoneham, Massachusetts, USA

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was more or less satisfied with the hotel Il Bargellino but it is not a place for singles. The reception is very small and nobody is there.You take your key and see somebody only by calling. My small room had a very bad smell but probably only that room was so. The bathroom, the room, the whole building are extremely clean. The building is an antique palazzo with superb garden on the terrace but to reach that garden you must disturb the owners who are the whole day and the whole night in the only living room and you have to cross it. The owners look very sympathic, but well, you must find a trick to stay with them more than 2 minutes. I felt like being in a phantomatic place The location is not the best, as at night there is nothing interesting to do there. It is much better to go to the OTHER side of the river Arno. There, at night, super.There are places for all kind of people..

Room Tip: If you are a single, choose another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Patricia M
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 4 days and like everyone else already said, Carmela & Pino are super friendly and helpful, our room was very spacious, clean and confortable. The hotel is very centrally located, ideal for walking all over, the neighborhood is full of coffee shops, nice restaurants etc... We had such a nice time sharing wine with other guests on the beautiful roof top, we would definitely come back here.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Carmel and Pino are really special hosts and made me and my friend to feel like we were in home. The rooms and bathrooms are always clean and the location is very convenient (it is near the main touristic places, restaurants, bars, the central market and the train station also). Morever, to spend a night at the terrace drinking wine is great! =). Definitely, if you are going to Florence, It is worth to stay there! I strongly reccomend!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends