Hotel Il Bargellino
Grand Hotel Minerva(Florence)
US$390
US$373
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$364
US$343
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscarmel and pinoother guestsvia guelfatrain stationrick steveswonderful hostsrooftop terracestreet sidecentral marketthe hotel is conveniently locatedshared bathroomantique furnituremajor sightslate at nightsmall hotelmini fridgefantastic stay
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Carmel and Pino, the hosts at this perfect little hotel, were so kind and made me feel like this was my home. I stayed two nights and wished I had more time so that I could have enjoyed the terrace, which my room #8 opened onto. The hotel itself is an old villa of Florence, so the feeling was that I lived there, which is how I always like to think of Florence, once of my favorite places on earth. I got a room with a bathroom because I like my own space, and I was very happy and comfortable there. Also, it is two blocks from Santa Maria Novella station on a quiet, residential street, so it was very convenient for catching the fast train to Fumicino when I had to leave.

Room Tip: If you will be there in nice weather, ask for one of the rooms off the terrace -- the terrace is amazing.... And, you get to talk to Leopoldo, the parrot!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My daughter and I stayed 2 nights and we loved this place. The room had a fan which was nice and our room opened onto a patio where you can go and read and watch the parrot play. Carmel helped my daughter speak Italian every time he saw us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We are two friends and we stayed here for two nights. We stayed in room 7 which overlooked the lovely terrace. We packed a lot into our two days here so we didn't really get to spend much time on the terrace which was a pity as it is so pretty and the perfect spot to unwind after a long day. If you are a solo traveller, this would be a great hotel to meet and chat to other people.

The room was decorated fabulously and had a real old world charm about it. The a/c was ten euro a night extra which we thought was a bit much initially but when u take into account how reasonable it is to stay here, I guess its fair.

Carmel was really helpful and arranged a bike tour for us and gave us recommendations on where to eat.

All in all, we loved this hotel. It really felt lie we were in Italy! The location is perfect and is only a 10-15 minutes walk from all the major tourist attractions. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My son and I selected Il Bargellino based on Rick Steve's travel guide and couldn't have been more pleased. Even though the hotel is so easy to find from the train station, we got lost and Carmel was so kind to come to us and guide us back to the hotel. I agree the terrace is a great bonus, we loved having it right outside our room and visiting with her parrot and the neighbors cat. Carmel and Nino are great hosts, available but not intrusive. They have maintained the historic charm of the hotel in the decor and Nino's art, while providing modern updates such as the bathrooms. The hotel certainly was a big part of making our stay in Florence perfect, would highly recommend for someone wanting a great value, location, and sense of the city.

Room Tip: We had a terrace facing room which was really nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank everettk25
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We booked a few nights here and loved it! The owners are fabulous, really nice and helpful. The terrace just so amazing to hang out on. Our room was really stunning. Can't wait to come back here again. Thanks so much!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple