“We will absolutely return again”

Hotel Il Bargellino
Ranked #117 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We stayed in early March while visiting our daughter during her semester abroad. The hotel was centrally located, easy walking distance to most everything, affordable and Carmel and Pino were extremely hospitable and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 June 2010

The location of the hotel is 5 minutes from the train station(santa maria novella) and 10 minutes(walking) from most turists sites such as the David, IL Duomo, the Uffizzi Gallery, etc. it is located on a relatively quiet street, via Guelfa. The rooms are immaculate, espescially the bathrooms, and there is a beautiful terrace which gets the sun all day. Even in feb, believe it or not, i actually can tan on the terrace, i swear it's true. there were sevaral days last feb when it was above 80 degrees onthe terrace. The owners are great and very often guests are invited to share a glass of wine or have lunch or supper with them. It's a very friendly family atmosphere and when in Florence i wouldn't of staying anywhere else. F. denici

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2010

We loved this hotel! We traveled to Florence after 3 wonderful but exhausting days in Rome. Carmel had provided exact, perfect directions from the train station to the hotel, and we found it in minutes without a problem at all. Carmel and Pino were in the states visiting family, but had arranged all of out museum visits before we arrived. Niece Roslita and Claudine were wonderful hosts in their absence, and made us feel immediately welcome. The large room was lovely, and the bathroom, though small (it was only a sink and shower) was extremely clean and functional. Do bring your own wash cloth though (this seems to be common in Italy).

The terrace really made the experience magical and unforgettable. We enjoyed a great bottle of wine each night on the terrace with fellow guests. It really made us feel like we were living the Florence lifestyle. Visiting with other guests really made us feel part of a community as well. The rooms were extremely quiet, and we could never hear our fellow guests, even though the shared bathroom was right next door to us.

The location was perfect and short walk to all attractions and neighborhoods. We felt extremely safe at all times, even walking home late at night. We will definitely stay here everytime we return to Flroence!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
IlBargellino, Owner at Hotel Il Bargellino, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2010

It means so much to us to know that our neice Rosita and our collaborator Claudine do such a great job when we're away for a few day!! Thank you so much for taking the time to post.
Carmel Coppola

Reviewed 18 May 2010

My husband and I stayed here 4 nights and considered staying longer. From the moment we walked in we loved it. Carmel gives great directions and it was easy to find from the train station. Pino greeted us at the door and we stayed in a room right off the terrace. The terrace, as others have said, is a great place to pour a glass of wine and meet other guests. It was great to be able to talk to others and get advice about touring the same areas. We often looked forward to evenings to be able to visit with these new friends. Carmel was so helpful in asking questions about Florence, or giving recommendation about the area. It was as if we were staying with family. I would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2010

I'm not one much for words so I will cut through the verbiage and cut to the chase. I LOVE this place and the price for what you get is amazing. It just happens to be in the most beautiful city in the world and it's about a five minute walk from anywhere in Florence you would want to go and see. Stay here and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2010

My husband and I loved our stay at Il Bargellino! Pino and Carmel were kind but unintrusive, the room was romantic and lovely, and the terrace was perfect for a happy hour glass of wine! It was probably my favorite place that we stayed!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Carmel and Pino are gracious hosts who make you feel more like you are staying with family than staying at a hotel. I love the terrace, a great place for socializing and getting to meet people from all over the world! Both Carmel and Pino are extremely helpful...Carmel speaks english just when I need to hear a little of home and Pino patiently helps me with my Italian. I love that Carmel lets me borrow a mug to make my very very early in the morning ritual cup of tea...without which I couldn't start my day. Its all the little extras that make me want to come back to Il Bargellino again and again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo