“good value for money stay in florence”
Review of Hotel Nizza

Hotel Nizza
Ranked #154 of 412 Hotels in Florence
“good value for money stay in florence”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

old building in florence, full of character of the family that runs the hotel. location is very good, down a quiet street but near to SMN and other sites of interest in florence. breakfast included was adequate, and wifi worked well. the elevator was extremely slow, but nevertheless am thankful the old building had an elevator to begin with.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bflatm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Transylvania,Romania
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I am rather used to big,new hotels due to my work,so please consider that,while reading my review.The Nizza is a small hotel on a narrow alley in downtown Florence within 2 minutes walk from Piazza Duomo and 5 minutes walk from Central Station(Santa Maria Novella).THIS is the plus of this hotel.The room was small and basic,but clean and ok.Rumorous,though,from the main street and from other guests walking in/out of the hotel.Extremely basic breakfast.I do not know the rates of other hotels,but I think one cand find better for that price.Another plus:staff very helpful!
I have noticed a 1967 Chianti bottle exposed in the breakfast room.Wow.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Horatiu D
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I've always been enchanted with the time spent in Italy. From the beginning, when my feet
touched the ground of Apennines Peninsula, I had felt myself highly spirited, since I was fully aware that here is the spot, where a history itself, had developed to the ultimate limit, with so many happenings, movements,that affected the rest of the world in such a beautiful manner.
When I was only 10 years old, I was in Rome. And I remember, I was breathless.
Now after so many years, I'm here in Florence, the centre of so great movements of that time,called golden age of Firenza, between the middle of XIV and the end of XV century.
I stayed in very nice hotel Nizza in Via del Guglio 5 , near the Via Panzani, that is very important connection to the let's say Duomo or train station Santa Maria Novella, and is also in the very heart of Florence, in my opinion.
The room I booked with my wife, was very nice, with ineresting view at the nearby house and its court with all these plants in the pots, cages with the birds, even some small trees, and all this arranged with such taste,that comes only with Italian people.
The breakfast was excellent, with different kinds of strong coffee and tea.
In addition to the previous, I ought to say, that all principal museums are not at all, so far from this hotel. Very quiet place,with hospitable staff.
On the very first day of our stay in Florence, We only explored our vicinity,and what was our thrill
to see suddenly a great edifice of San Lorenzo di Medici on the big square, and with the monument to Lorenzo Medici himself.
If You like the bookstores, I warmly recommend You, one that is in the proximity of Piazza del Signoria,named after William Shakespeare with his silhouette on the sign, that hangs in front of the door, and contains only genuine english books.It is located in one of plenty streets that like rays are going out of the Piazza.I've only forgotten the name of street,but I'll find it and gonna tell You in my next review.

Room Tip: doesn't matter at all, all are good ones.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Oleg Y
White Lake, Michigan
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The location was great, the staff was helpful and the room was of good size. We were close to all the highlights and also the train station. We were given recommendations for restaurants and they were standouts. The breakfast was very good and they had A automatic coffee maker that made different kinds very quickly. We had early flight and the morning desk clerk opened the breakfast room early for us. Very pleasant stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Freddy38_10
Malta
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Great location, helpful staff, good value for money. Within walking distance to all the important sites. Although very central, no noise enter the rooms. Free Wi-Fi. Luggage is kept both for early arrivals and also for late departures.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank xiki66
Valentine, TX
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hotel has the perfect location. It is about a 5 minute walk from the train station, about a 10 minute walk to the Duomo, and about 15 minutes or so to the museums and the other plazas. The location would be really hard to beat. Our room was very tiny, but it was clean and nice. There is AC and a complimentary breakfast. There is not a whole lot to choose from for breakfast, but it gets the job done. The employees at the front desk were also friendly, they gave us maps and helped us plan some of our time. Great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This Hotel adds to the experience of visiting Florence. It is a historic building with tiled floors and lots of authentic charm. Edi the receptionist, was particularly helpful to our family late one night and it was great fun exploring this wonderful city from this central position. It is not glamorous but it is clean, comfortable, owned by locals, part of Florence's history and genuine - which we much preferred to another chain hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family