“Goog location and performance”
Review of HOTEL LORENA

HOTEL LORENA
Ranked #134 of 412 Hotels in Florence
“Goog location and performance”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My wife and I were in July three nights. They respected what we asked them for... a high floor to avoid noise... Amazing, we had a beautiful direct vision of both Duomo and Campanelle. The toilet and bedroom were very nice, clean and huge... I couldn't believe to be in Italy (2 stars). The staff were very nice and we insisted many times in helping us with any doubt we could have. I strongly recommend this hotel. (60€ per night). Breakfast (5 €) optional, although we didn't try it, I could recommend it, because the last day we realized it included more than on any street local. Location fantastic... we were close to everything. Noise... very little... they have very strong windows. Air conditioning worked perfectly. The first floor is achieved by foot...there you have the elevator. Free wifi per device you have.

Room Tip: They respected what we asked them for... a high floor to avoid noise with Duomo view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RomanticoBoreal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Colorado
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is an affordable family-run hotel right in the heart of Florence, across from the Medici Chapel. It's in a very busy and noisy part of town but you won't hear a thing because the windows are double-glazed. I stayed in a single room and had to share the bathroom but the price was very good. The owner's daughter--who appears in all publicity photos of the hotel--is charming and helpful. She even let me store my luggage *before* I moved in since I was going to visit Lucca first and didn't want to carry my heavy bag there. I don't think any hotel would have let me do that.

Given it's excellent location, you can cover the main sites easily. You are also close to bars and restaurants.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tunai
Barry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My wife and I spent 2 happy nights here recently and found this to be a great hotel. To begin, it is only a 5 minute walk from Santa Maria Novella train station and within easy walking distance of Florence's major sights, with the Duomo right on your doorstep.

We had a room with a washbasin but shared a bathroom and that was never an issue for us. The aircon worked wonderfully and the double glazing and shutters completely eliminated all noise from the busy streets outside. The bed was comfortable and the room and bathroom impeccably clean.

Lorenzo on Reception was very helpful in chasing up our lost luggage, which eventually arrived just as we were about to move on. It was also great to have free Wifi to assist us in our struggle. Breakfast was simple but adequate with the usual cereals, rolls, juices and coffee.

You won't find a better hotel in a better location anywhere in Florence, which offers such great value for money and I strongly recommend it, especially for travellers by train.

Room Tip: The higher your floor, the better your view of the Duomo.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gbmrod1
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Our room was more than adequate. It was larger than I expected, simple and clean. I read previous reviews that said it could be noisy at night. We stayed three nights and had no problem with noise. The front desk was helpful. For us, the best part of the stay was the location. Very close to the Duomo, the market and train station. We also walked to the Oltraarno area a few times to eat and never felt like it was too far. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Margery M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights in early July. I had booked a single room with a shared bathroom, however I was given a room with a private bathroom. Location is perfect, the hotel is only 5 min walk away to the main train station and to the Duomo. Air con was working well, so was the free wi-fi. I was on the same floor as reception and breakfast room, but didn't hear any noise. Downstairs of the building is a bar, most of the time it was very quiet, but one of the nights there were a few people who didn't seem to be aware of the noise they created. The next day receptionist enquired wether I heard the disturbance, which I found was quite nice of him to ask. Overall its a budget hotel, so there was some wear and tear, but most importantly the room was clean.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank keikei_review
Tucson
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The Lorena is minutes from everything - the sights, the train station, the Central Market. And right above a very popular bar/cafe with a late afternoon happy hour that can't be beat. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms aren't the most modern or chic, but clean and comfortable. Add to that a great price.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

For a two star hotel, this place definitely exceeded our expectations! We had a room with a bathroom included, and the room was very big, as was the bathroom. All very clean (although be mindful that towels are changed once every two days).
The location is perfect, 2 mins from San Lorenzo markets, 5 mins from the central station and 5 mins to the duomo.
Breakfast was included in our room price but it is definitely worth the 5 euros if not included. The lady makes a fresh coffee and will make another if you want too! There is yogurt, cereal, croissants, boiled eggs and bread biscuits, enough for us to get through the day.
The staff at the hotel were wonderful and keen to help where possible. Definitely the perfect place to stay, great value for money in a great location!

• Stayed July 2013