HOTEL LORENA
Ranked #126 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night in September 2013. The best thing about this hotel is its location - it's right beside the Medici dome (our window had the best view of this dome), and only a few minutes walk away from the Duomo and the Accademia (where Michaelangelo's David is located). It's a great price, and the room was very clean and comfortable. The people were friendly and helped us on several occasions. We would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to our friends!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chxzanadue

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Great hotel. Awesome location. Front desk was very helpful....directing us around the city and making reservations at museums. No elevator so may have to climb a few flights depending on what floor your room is on.

Very clean too

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve J
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed in Hotel Lorena mid December of 2012. Room was standard, clean and warm. Our room looked over a market which was pretty cool. Staff were very polite and friendly. We really loved how this hotel was so close to the heart of Florence. We enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CathrynLily
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My wife and I were in July three nights. They respected what we asked them for... a high floor to avoid noise... Amazing, we had a beautiful direct vision of both Duomo and Campanelle. The toilet and bedroom were very nice, clean and huge... I couldn't believe to be in Italy (2 stars). The staff were very nice and we insisted many times in helping us with any doubt we could have. I strongly recommend this hotel. (60€ per night). Breakfast (5 €) optional, although we didn't try it, I could recommend it, because the last day we realized it included more than on any street local. Location fantastic... we were close to everything. Noise... very little... they have very strong windows. Air conditioning worked perfectly. The first floor is achieved by foot...there you have the elevator. Free wifi per device you have.

Room Tip: They respected what we asked them for... a high floor to avoid noise with Duomo view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RomanticoBoreal
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is an affordable family-run hotel right in the heart of Florence, across from the Medici Chapel. It's in a very busy and noisy part of town but you won't hear a thing because the windows are double-glazed. I stayed in a single room and had to share the bathroom but the price was very good. The owner's daughter--who appears in all publicity photos of the hotel--is charming and helpful. She even let me store my luggage *before* I moved in since I was going to visit Lucca first and didn't want to carry my heavy bag there. I don't think any hotel would have let me do that.

Given it's excellent location, you can cover the main sites easily. You are also close to bars and restaurants.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tunai
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My wife and I spent 2 happy nights here recently and found this to be a great hotel. To begin, it is only a 5 minute walk from Santa Maria Novella train station and within easy walking distance of Florence's major sights, with the Duomo right on your doorstep.

We had a room with a washbasin but shared a bathroom and that was never an issue for us. The aircon worked wonderfully and the double glazing and shutters completely eliminated all noise from the busy streets outside. The bed was comfortable and the room and bathroom impeccably clean.

Lorenzo on Reception was very helpful in chasing up our lost luggage, which eventually arrived just as we were about to move on. It was also great to have free Wifi to assist us in our struggle. Breakfast was simple but adequate with the usual cereals, rolls, juices and coffee.

You won't find a better hotel in a better location anywhere in Florence, which offers such great value for money and I strongly recommend it, especially for travellers by train.

Room Tip: The higher your floor, the better your view of the Duomo.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gbmrod1
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Our room was more than adequate. It was larger than I expected, simple and clean. I read previous reviews that said it could be noisy at night. We stayed three nights and had no problem with noise. The front desk was helpful. For us, the best part of the stay was the location. Very close to the Duomo, the market and train station. We also walked to the Oltraarno area a few times to eat and never felt like it was too far. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family