“Great location and good staff.”
Review of HOTEL LORENA

HOTEL LORENA
Ranked #129 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Hotel Lorena is a family run hotel with a great location. During the day and early evening there is always someone at the desk. They were very helpful with recommendations and warnings of overcrowding at some museums. The hotel is clean with reasonable sized rooms. The location is less than 10 minutes from the main train station and less than 10 seconds from the Medici Chapel. It was a terrific location as a base to explore Florence. Only wish that we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for HOTEL LORENA

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have stayed at the Hotel Lorena regularly over the past 6 to 7 years and have always found it to be an incredible value with comfort and service at a very affordable price. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The location is central and convenient and simply cannot be surpassed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will certainly choose it again when I return to Florence.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night in September 2013. The best thing about this hotel is its location - it's right beside the Medici dome (our window had the best view of this dome), and only a few minutes walk away from the Duomo and the Accademia (where Michaelangelo's David is located). It's a great price, and the room was very clean and comfortable. The people were friendly and helped us on several occasions. We would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to our friends!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chxzanadue
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Great hotel. Awesome location. Front desk was very helpful....directing us around the city and making reservations at museums. No elevator so may have to climb a few flights depending on what floor your room is on.

Very clean too

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve J
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed in Hotel Lorena mid December of 2012. Room was standard, clean and warm. Our room looked over a market which was pretty cool. Staff were very polite and friendly. We really loved how this hotel was so close to the heart of Florence. We enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CathrynLily
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My wife and I were in July three nights. They respected what we asked them for... a high floor to avoid noise... Amazing, we had a beautiful direct vision of both Duomo and Campanelle. The toilet and bedroom were very nice, clean and huge... I couldn't believe to be in Italy (2 stars). The staff were very nice and we insisted many times in helping us with any doubt we could have. I strongly recommend this hotel. (60€ per night). Breakfast (5 €) optional, although we didn't try it, I could recommend it, because the last day we realized it included more than on any street local. Location fantastic... we were close to everything. Noise... very little... they have very strong windows. Air conditioning worked perfectly. The first floor is achieved by foot...there you have the elevator. Free wifi per device you have.

Room Tip: They respected what we asked them for... a high floor to avoid noise with Duomo view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RomanticoBoreal
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is an affordable family-run hotel right in the heart of Florence, across from the Medici Chapel. It's in a very busy and noisy part of town but you won't hear a thing because the windows are double-glazed. I stayed in a single room and had to share the bathroom but the price was very good. The owner's daughter--who appears in all publicity photos of the hotel--is charming and helpful. She even let me store my luggage *before* I moved in since I was going to visit Lucca first and didn't want to carry my heavy bag there. I don't think any hotel would have let me do that.

Given it's excellent location, you can cover the main sites easily. You are also close to bars and restaurants.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo