“Fabulous location, comfortable room”
Review of B & B Novecento

B & B Novecento
Ranked #357 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price and with a great location. Franco and Sawaki are attentive and helpful hosts. As many of the reviewers noted, it is on the 3rd floor (remember, in Europe the ground floor counts as zero, so most Americans would call it the 4th floor) of an old building with no elevator, so if you have any mobility issues, look elsewhere. We truly enjoyed the terrace, as well, with its spectacular view of the Duomo. We definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Yes, there is a five story climb to get to the B&B. Yes, the shower does get everything in the bathroom wet. And yes the breakfast is small and the air conditioner didn't work as well as the other places we stayed on our trip (it still works quite well, my family just prefers it near arctic when we sleep.)

But Franco and Sawaki have a wonderful little place, with a PERFECT location for exploring Venice at a VERY reasonable price!

We only ended up staying here one night, due to a change in our travel plans, but if you don't mind the climb to the fifth floor, there's not many better places to stay in Florence than here.

The beds were very comfortable. The view from the roof can't be beat. If you don't mind a little unconventional B&B arrangements, you should definitely check this place out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I disagree with the review below. My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time at Novecento. Franco and Sawaki made our stay at Florence enjoyable and well informed. They went out of there way to help us book tickets and tours. Comparatively this place offers excellent value for money with the Duomo on your doorstep. In response to the criticism below the breakfast could be improved, possibly with locally sourced pastries, however this did not affect our perception or quality of the B&B. The room was pretty, clean and the roof top terrace offered a real treat in the evenings. We hope to be back soon.

Thank you very much!

King regards,
Joshua and Katrina

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place was recommended in my Time Out guide, and I really disagree with their high marks of the place. A five story walk up - be prepared. Upon arrival, met Franco and Sawaki, who disappeared after breakfast daily, never to be seen. This became an issue as the towels in my room were NEVER exchanged in 3 days and their door was closed. I also misunderstood when they showed me the small fridge in the room and Franco said, "the drinks are in there for you" so was quite surprised to be charged 16 Euros for 3 small bottles of water. The shower was bizarre - basically the bathroom is the shower with a light curtain. Bed was a twin bed pushed together, which separated into two beds with any movement on the bed, falling in between only stopped by an overworked sheet. I only went to the breakfast once because it was awful - tried both americano and espresso and neither were good. The croissant tasted like it was microwaved - it came out extra hot and within minutes became hard as a rock. They meted out cheese and prosciutto like they were refugee rations. The A/C barely worked and keeping the windows open at night was horrible because of the noise from the streets - it was extremely loud. While I was packing for checkout, they called my room (I still had 30 minutes) to make sure I was on my way out b/c the next guest wanted to check in early. I thought it to be a bit rude since I was not late and they had otherwise been completely absent for when I had needs as a guest. The only good thing about the place was how central the location was - easy to walk everywhere. It was not a relaxing room to return to after a long day of touring, and while you don't go to Florence for the room, I had hoped for something a bit better to relax in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dara M
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay here in October 2013. Spent three nights. Bedroom was clean, bathroom small and wet (when taking a shower) - but OK. Franco was very smiling and helpful, gave us valuable tips and recommandations on where to dine. Would like to stay here again!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HelgeJS
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great location, only a short walk to the statue of David , Duomo as well as many other wonderful sites. the apartment beautiful & clean. when we arrived very late by train from venice, Franco & his lovely wife Sawaki made us feel so welcome, carrying our bags up & down the stairs on arrival/departure, any directions to the sites, eateries or shopping, as well as greating us with a laugh & friendly smile every breakfast.
would definitely stay there again.
thankyou
Sean & Roisin

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The location and price (at least in August) can't be beat. So close to the Duomo, the Accademia, the Uffizi, and really, every place you'd want to go on foot. Also less than 10 minutes on foot from the train station, two bike rental shops, two scooter rental/ride options. The roof deck is great. Single bed room is small but fit me fine. I even kept a bike in it for an afternoon. A/C worked well, not as cold as U.S. A/C but I was always comfortable. (Day time temperatures reached 104F during my stay.) Hosts were very nice. Simple breakfast was fine for me. Franco never tired of offering me toast.

I enjoyed the roof deck. I had no problems with the stairs, even hauled a bicycle up them.

I spent six nights in August. Would stay there again, but might want to try another place just for the experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo