“Great rate and close to the airport.”
Review of Hotel Franchi

Hotel Franchi
Ranked #244 of 420 Hotels in Florence
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Great rate and close to the airport.”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Hotel Franchi was very nice. The lobby make a nice impression and the staff was very helpful and greeted us warmly. Even though we arrived very early, before check-in time, they were able to get our room ready and check us in within a few minutes of arrival. Helped us get connected to the internet when we were having problems. Suggested a good place close by for lunch and ordered us a pizza in the evening. The room was spacious with a desk and nice bathroom. The balcony was nice but no chairs, and the rollup shades were nice. You could leave the shade down and the door open for nice airflow. The AC was also good. Because we had an early flight, the buffet breakfast was not open, but they made us coffee at the lobby bar and had pastries. I thought this was great. The lobby had a nice big table that we used to work at our laptops and it was nice with the radio playing music.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are equal.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Arizona
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We found Hotel Franchi to be clean, quiet and comfortable. Owner Francesco and his staff sere very cordial and went out of their way to meet the needs of a couple of tired travelers. And their suggestion of a nearby restaurant proved to be spot on. We'd stay there again and recommend it with confidence.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ArizonaRick
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I stayed there and I liked it. The room was clean, quiet and spacious, Staff was helpful and gave us directions. It was located close to the airport. I tooked the airport shuttle bus (6 euro) to the airport and walked to the hotel. If you walk to the hotel be careful there is a big highway to cross.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jean P
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Franchi last week, we found the hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and very good value for money, we would definitely stay here again.(Stroude family from Cardiff, Wales)

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I arrived in the evening and saw a beautiful nice hotel, but no rooms left. The staff agreed to let me use the Internet for free to find a hotel ne'er by. They called the hotel for me and help me find a restaurant. The next day I arrived to Rome and fond out that I forgot my jacket in the restaurant , so I called the Franchi hotel and they went to bring it from the restaurant !!! and kept it until I sent someone to pick it up !!
It's really the best service you can get !!
I was so sorry I didn't have the chance to stay there, but maybe you can have. Doron Sapir, First Deputy Mayor. Tel -aviv.

• Stayed September 2012
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights on a Contiki trip and did not really enjoy it. The hotel was clean enough and the air conditioning worked well, but the breakfast was horrible, the elevator was far too small for our group, and the location really threw us off. First, it is quite far from central Florence (took us at least 40 minutes in traffic to get into the city). Second, I did not feel safe in this area-- it looked very run down and across from the hotel was a field full of garbage. There were also pull-down bars on the windows which made me think there had been break-ins in the past. I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

Brisbane
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Nothing really wrong with the hotel, but nothing particularly good. Nothing of note within walking distance, average sized room, clean, but very basic. Breakfast wasn't good, no fresh milk/juice/bread or fruit, highlight was a crossant (out of a packet). Friendly staff and decent (paid) wifi. Would be fine to stay at overnight on the way to the airport.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple