“Very good”
Review of Hotel Franchi

Hotel Franchi
Ranked #255 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is perfect if you have a car. The free parking gives you the chance to leave the car and avoid the city chaos, take the bus and enjoy the city on foot, which is obviously the best way to do it. There´s a bus that takes you to the city in ten minutes and it stops a block away from the hotel. They even sell the bus tickets at the front desk. This was vey convenient. The rooms are clean and comfortable enough, it´s an old place but very well maintained. The attention is the best. Francesco at the front desk gave us all the information we needed about Florence, we didn´t even have to ask. He´s a great guy! Breakfast was good, WIFI was good, nice shower, nice bed, what else can you ask for? We really enjoyed our stay. Grazie Francesco!!

Room Tip: Our room had a balcony, which is a great thing if you´re a smoker.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Roman, at the front desk of this hotel is the most personable and professional host we have yet to meet during our European vacation. We've been to a few hotels in Europe and expect to book a couple more before our trip is over. If future concierge agents are half as helpful as Roman has been, we'll consider ourselves very lucky travelers!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Luludec
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Been here for 5 nights and couldn't really recommend this to anyone normal. The room and the bathroom is spacious (which is the only good thing beside free parking). Loads of yellow ants are all around the room floor, my suitcase was full of it even two days later. The bathroom is smelly due to old pipes so in case you don't close the bathroom door, you'll have that terrible smell in your nose all day long.
The staff is quite uninterested and unpolite, except for the dark hair lady at the front desk, she was the only shiny star in this hotel, all the best for her.
Quite noisy, the train passes by (maybe 500m away) plus the airplanes are all around, cause it's close to the airport.
Breakfast is poor, one type of bread, some jam and marmelade, cheap ham and cheese which you get after asking for it (the explanation of the staff was-we have a group of students at the hotel atm so we don't serve cheese and ham "in public")...I mean, whaaaaaaaat?? I was so disturbed by this... I can eat ham but the students cannot?!
Really, the worst hotel I've seen in my entire life (and paid almost 100 eur per night). Horror.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone, sorry.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mary20088
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Good:
Clean, friendly staff, free parking, reasonable pricing, close to airport

Bad:
Well outside the city, in case your room faces the street you will get the noise. When you fell asleep you would get the noise from other rooms.
The noise is really annoying!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZoltanErdei
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel was convenient to the airport. The price was good, the staff welcoming, friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Booking a taxi to the airport for our friends was no problem and Roman suggested a fun restaurant where we ate very well. The area is a bit rundown, but we were not there to see the sights, simply to find a place handy for the airport. The breakfast was a little disappointing, but copious.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor near the staircase which meant we heard the group of young men coming hom...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed in Hotel Franchi at the end of January and basically because it was the nearest hotel to the Airport (flight landed at 19.00, so needed a airport hotel). I originally was thinking of walking it but the Airport Hotel said get a taxi (€10) and I suggest you do because its tucked away off the main street in a suburb/light industrial area. The hotel is basic but the staff are exceedingly helpful. Theres an small area to work off-reception and a semi-bar. Bottled beer only but cheap by hotel standards. Theres a small lift, but never took it as it seemed to take forever, plus its smallness made me feel a bit claustrophobic. Theres no restaurant (there is a breakfast area and the breakfast is top notch) but the Receptionist recommended an Italian Restaurant 50 metres from the hotel. I can't remember its name, but its brilliant. The only other customer were locals and the menu was only in Italian. The Maitre De had a little English and I suggest you have the local soup and the locally done steak. The House Wine is a robust Tuscany and it only come in 1.5 litres. My work colleague struggled but finally managed to get our monies worth.
The room is adequate - bed good and comfortable. There was a tea & coffee making facility but no plugs in the bedroom. The only plug was in the toilet.
The good point is that it was quiet. All things considered I really enjoyed it but I probably wouldn't take the wife there

Room Tip: Any Ground Floor because you wouldn't need the lift
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank staffsjc
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I like Hotel Franchi. I book this hotel after reading decent ratings in Trip Ad. Free and anytime parking at hotel was important for me. I drove to Siena, San Gimignano, Pisa, etc from hotel (little over an hour drive from hotel). Come back for dinner at Florence everynite. Zinet at the hotel counter was very helpful. Gave us free map and I can buy round trip bus tickets from her. This is timesaver if you are not familiar with buying bus tickets. Zinet’s fluent with English which is very resourceful in Italy. Neighborhood looks like most of place where you get excellent lodging prices (with parking). There are 3 or 4 buses to Florence train station in 10 minutes. From train station, 5-10 minute walk to touristy spots like Duomo, Ponte bridge. Excellent local food served by most of the restaurants in downtown. Cannot compare overpriced and mediocre food from Rome, Venice, Pisa, etc. Love riding local buses to observe how locals (Italians, EU citizens, immigrants) commute and sometimes suffer frequent overcrowdings. Our twin-bed room was clean, much larger than ones in Rome or Paris at much higher prices, running hot water, warm enough for winter, and comfortable. One nite, I can hear folks talking loud and walking with heels late into the nite, but I didn’t mind. I experienced these kinds of tourists in other places as well. Breakfast was lite and simple; croissant, bread, coffee, juice, cereals, etc. Like I said earlier, great restaurants down town if you need heavy meal..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple