“Ideal location in Florence”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Davanzati

Hotel Davanzati
Ranked #8 of 421 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Ideal location in Florence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

The hotel davanzati was perfect for our needs. It is close to all the major attractions but is on a quiet street.tomasso and fabrizio were extremely helpful and knew our names in a very short time.our room had a very comfortable king bed with a separate alcove for our teenage son.the bathroom was modern.my only complaint would be lack of drawer space, especially with three of us. Breakfasts were fine. We didn't take advantage of happy hour, which I regret, but that was our nap time. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Hebrew first
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

The Hotel Davanzati was by far our most favorite hotel during our honeymoon. It is centrally located in Florence and is very accommodating for Americans. We will definitely go back!

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Barkhamsted, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We returned to Davanzati Hotel for a second time after in six years. We were treated like old friends. We really enjoyed chatting with Fabrizio again. The hotel's location is about as good as one could ask for, close to many things one enjoys in central Firenze. Some good eating spots are nearby.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Pasig, Rizal, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

We love this hotel!

We got a free upgrade to the junior suite (on honeymoon), the owners are very hands on and they personally attend to your needs and inquiries, the location is perfect, and the price is reasonable. Happy hour is from 6:30pm-7:30pm and they serve red and white wine on the house with some chips and nuts etc. Great way to wind down from a tiring day of touring the city. I would definitely return to this hotel on my next visit to Florence.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed at the Davanzati for five days with my sister and her husband. We loved everything about the hotel and it was certainly the right choice for our first trip to Florence. We had two rooms joined by a small terrace area, ideal for a nightcap after we returned from dinner. The hotel is located right in the centre of Florence, perfect for sight seeing but not at all noisy at night. The rooms were lovely, with lots of character and we really enjoyed the breakfasts each morning. However, it's the staff that really make this hotel stand out from the crowd. Rarely do you find hotel staff so genuinely helpful. Anything we asked for - directions, restaurant suggestions and bookings, transport, taxis to the airport - everything provided with a smile. On top of all this, the big bonus was Happy Hour where the breakfast room is transformed between 6.30 and 7.30pm every day into a candle lit venue for complimentary prosecco and bruschetta. What a lovely way to start the evening! Many thanks to Fabrizio, his delightful wife, his charming son and his very hard working father for making our stay so memorable! Grazie!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank monicadrew
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Pro :
Excellent location.
Very clean. Nice towels and linens.
Good-size suite. Very quiet.
Nice balcony, with no view however.
Good breakfast with many choices.

Con:
Shower water pressure very weak.
I had plenty of trouble with the TV from the moment I arrived. When I told the grandson (the youngest of the three men), he didn’t do anything about it. I asked him again, he told me that he would come up but sent the porter instead who had no idea what he was doing. The TV was fixed eventually by the son who is really the most important person in the hotel.
I asked the grandson for ice, he told me that I have to reserve ice in advance because the ice is used for the happy hour! Considering the fact that I never went to happy hour, the least he could have done is give me as much ice as I wanted. He sent me to the barman, who gave me 10 cubes of ice which is obviously not enough to ice a bottle. When I needed ice again, I bought 5 bags of frozen vegetables instead of begging for a little ice. The last day I was there, I told the son that I was going to need a bag of ice for the evening and he gave it to me.
Finally, I told the son that I wanted to go on a tour of the vineyards in Tuscany and he said that he would tell me if it was possible for the next day. The next day after breakfast, the son asked me if I was ready for my tour. I answered that I had no idea what he was talking about. He said that he told his son to tell me but obviously that wasn’t done.
If you go to this hotel, I recommend you deal with the son and not the grandson. I found him to be nonchalant and fake: the kind of person who says he cares but doesn’t really give a you know what.
I always rate places on how they deal with problems and not if there are problems and in this case they didn’t deal with the problems very well.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank Baixas
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Had a wonderful two day stay at the hotel. The staff was extremely competent in terms of providing assistance with tours and dining recommendations. Hotel is in very nice condition, breakfast is good, and the happy hour is a nice touch. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple