3,660 results
All reviewshappy hourfree moviesmeet other guestshis sonbruschettacocktail hourmuseum reservationsthis family run hotelrestaurant recommendationsdinner reservationsevery eveningwonderful hotelstreet levelperfect locationinternet accessfavorite hoteltrain station
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This was my first trip to Florence, and although it was short, I plan to go back several times and this first trip was intended to "scope out" the offerings of the city and do some shopping. My friend and I both LOVED the hotel, which I chose based on TripAdvisor and Lonely Planet reviews. Perfect location, wonderful staff, and Fabrizio in particular was very helpful both before and during our stay. Our room was clean and well-equipped. Unlike many other hotel experiences, you don't feel nickel-and-dimed with fees, as all the amenities that we had (wifi, daily breakfast and happy hour) were included in the room rate. I know I'm only saying what many other reviewers have said before me, but the family does such a wonderful job of managing this hotel that they deserve to know how appreciated it is. The only thing possibly to consider is the first flight of stairs at the entrance to the hotel, if you have any mobility issues. But for me, those stairs took a little of the guilt away for all the great Italian food we were eating.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Really well situated excellent hotel, owner / staff very helpful in advising trips and booking restaurants. Happy hour was great time to meet other guests and swap stories and discuss places to visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Went to Florence for the first time to visit my daughter who is studying there for a semester. I always do a ton of research before traveling. Hotel Davanzati seemed to have everything we wanted in a hotel and we weren't disappointed. Tomasso and Fabrizio were friendly, helpful and the room was nothing short of awesome! The location, the Happy Hour, breakfast and the amenities were all beyond our expectations. We were only there for 4 nights but would not consider staying anywhere else on our next trip to Florence!

Room Tip: The suites are the best value in Europe in my opinion! Although our window opened to the street below, it was as quiet as could be,
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Carlos A
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This hotel lived up to the reviews. Only compliments from our end. We stayed here for a quick trip to Florence while visiting Italy. We would certainly stay here again. Staff very nice. Rooms very modern, spacious and clean. Breakfast and happy hour well done. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The location is great, the staff is great, they have happy hour!

We loved this hotel, the room was quite spacious for Europe, the owner and his son are extremely helpful and they absolutely think of everything to make your stay easy. They have computers in the room, free wifi, even umbrellas to borrow if it rains. The breakfasts are great.

Location could not be better, you are in the middle of everything steps from the museums and shopping. Walking distance to everything you want to see. Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends