3,667 results
All reviews happy hour free movies meet other guests his son bruschetta cocktail hour museum reservations this family run hotel restaurant recommendations dinner reservations every evening wonderful hotel street level perfect location internet access favorite hotel train station
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I'm not sure where to begin with this review because we were completely blown away by this hotel. The room, staff, location & happy hour were all delightfully blended together to make our short trip here so very special.
Never have we encountered such friendly & courteous staff before in all the hotels that we have stayed in. They go beyond the beyond here and go out of their way to make sure that you are happy and content with all elements of the hotel.
Happy hour is fabulous with free proscceo or red wine and nibbles from 6.30pm to 7.30pm. You must take advantage of this! They dim the lights and put candles on the tables and with the background music it is an ideal place to relax prior to going out for the evening.
Also, new concept to me, was the free perfume spray in reception (also on the streets of Florence), which I took advantage of at any given opportunity. Lol.
The strength of this hotel is the attitude of the staff, they are super friendly and nothing is too much trouble.
If I could give this hotel 6 stars I wouldn't hesitate. Totally and utterly fabulous and only worthy of the number 1 spot in Florence.
We will definitely be returning. Thanks so much for making our short stay so very special. Thanks also for your restaurant recommendations, which were spot on. Thanks also for sorting out our taxi to the airport. As it turned out, it was the wrong airport, but that's another story for another day, and we did eventually make our flight in the end. Lol.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pollenca
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We received a very warm welcome on checking into our hotel. We had booked a junior suite and it was a very nice size, with two flat screen SMART TVs with an excellent choice of films loaded on. This was great for downtime as it meant the children could kick back with Despicable Me whilst I relaxed and enjoyed a more grown-up film on the other one. The hotel had a perfect location, right in the centre of Florence, no need for a car and every evening had happy hour with free Prosecco and some little snacks including the lovely, spicy Davanzati sauce.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Florence was delightful and the stay at Hotel Davanzati only enhanced the experience! The hotel is convenient and quiet as we saw but never heard the other guests (something rarely experienced in other hotels). The hotel and the staff were charming and warm creating a cozy and intimate stay. Fabrizio was WONDERFUL and provided useful information and suggestions (to both questions asked and ones we should have asked). Every meal was superb as Fabrizio provided plenty of recommendations and enough information to allow us to make informed choices. The entire process from initial query to check-out was efficient and helpful. We just returned 2 days ago and have already told many of our friends of the only hotel they should consider for Florence and highly recommend Hotel Davanzati.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This was my first trip to Florence, and although it was short, I plan to go back several times and this first trip was intended to "scope out" the offerings of the city and do some shopping. My friend and I both LOVED the hotel, which I chose based on TripAdvisor and Lonely Planet reviews. Perfect location, wonderful staff, and Fabrizio in particular was very helpful both before and during our stay. Our room was clean and well-equipped. Unlike many other hotel experiences, you don't feel nickel-and-dimed with fees, as all the amenities that we had (wifi, daily breakfast and happy hour) were included in the room rate. I know I'm only saying what many other reviewers have said before me, but the family does such a wonderful job of managing this hotel that they deserve to know how appreciated it is. The only thing possibly to consider is the first flight of stairs at the entrance to the hotel, if you have any mobility issues. But for me, those stairs took a little of the guilt away for all the great Italian food we were eating.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Really well situated excellent hotel, owner / staff very helpful in advising trips and booking restaurants. Happy hour was great time to meet other guests and swap stories and discuss places to visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple