Hotel Davanzati
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Hotel Adam(Florence)
View Hotel
Golden Tower Hotel & Spa(Florence)
  • Free Internet
Torre Guelfa Hotel(Florence)
Hotel Alessandra(Florence)
3,599 results
All reviewshappy hourfree moviesmeet other guestshis sonbruschettacocktail hourmuseum reservationsthis family run hotelrestaurant recommendationsdinner reservationsevery eveningstreet levelwonderful hotelperfect locationinternet accessfavorite hoteltrain station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed in Paris, Cinque Terra and here in Florence. I would recommend this hotel. The location is excellent. My wife is handling the reservations and money so I can't speak to the price, but this has been a great hotel for me, my wire and our teenage daughter. The beds are comfortable, TV has movies, CNN and just enough English speaking channels (on vacation and didn't come to watch TV afterall, but nice to check in on business and sports etc.), They have a Happy Hour which was a nice way to meet other guests and compare stories.

Fabriazo, Tomasso and Leonardo were all very helpful and made this the best hotel of our European trip. They speak English (we don't speak Italian) so they were really helpful with restaurant and travel suggestions. Really nice and helpful staff here.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel in Florence and enjoyed it immensely. Most hotel rooms in Europe that we’ve stayed in are much smaller---this was a delight! The staff is impeccable, the room clean and updated, and the location cannot be beat. If you have narrowed down your search for a good hotel in Florence and Hotel Davanzati is one of them---look no further and book it now. You won’t be disappointed. The Wardlaws.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I stated here for our honeymoon in May. We could not have been happier with our decision to stay here. The customer service was excellent. We realized our television wasn't working when we got in the first night and someone actually came to the room at 1:30 in the morning to fix it. The front desk gave great restaurant recommendations and made all of our reservations. The room was very clean. The breakfast was good and the happy hour made it easy to meet other guests. We felt very much at home here. The hotel even left a bottle of wine in our room with wishes for a happy life together. The location was great as well. We have already recommended this hotel to others that will be traveling to Florence and we would definitely stay here if we go back to Florence .

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Had to go back there with my wife, after being there last March with my daughter. There's no reason to even investigate, or stay at another hotel if you go to Florence! A beautiful hotel that's filled with history, over the top clean and centrally located. The three generations of family makes you feel like family serving all your needs from recommendations on where to eat and visit. They also have a service called I Just Drive for great small tours going to different location. I took my wife on the same tour I took my daughter called "Chianti's Best" she loved it. They have a great breakfast in the morning, and a very nice happy hour in the evening, both complimentary. Thanks again for a magical time, see you next year! Ciao Bill & Sandy

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Seriously, this is a great hotel with a really central location, excellent customer service and immaculate rooms. Recommendations for places to eat from the staff were spot on and nothing was too much trouble for them. This was a world away from the often bland, sterile experience you get when you stay in a chain hotel (even the so-called posh ones).

The hotel has a discrete entrance at street level and once you are inside the hotel, you don't hear any noise from the street below at all and it feels secure at all hours of the day. Breakfast did not feel hurried and there was plenty of choice and variety available.

The 'Happy Hour' before dinner was typical of the hotel in that it was very informal and enabled us to meet other guests over a glass of Prosecco, on the house, before heading out for dinner.

One very minor point: our room was not at the front of the hotel, so didn't get much natural light, but we spent most of the day looking around the city anyway. Next time, I would ask for a room at the front of the hotel looking onto Via Porta Rossa and pay a little more.

Overall view: highly recommended.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the front of the hotel, looking onto the street for a little more natural light.
2  Thank Paul W