“When it comes to hotels, small and charming is always better!”
Review of Hotel Davanzati

Hotel Davanzati
Ranked #8 of 422 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersBronze level
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“When it comes to hotels, small and charming is always better!”
Reviewed 29 June 2010

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Davanzati for several nights during our recent visit to Florence and then on to the rest of Tuscany. Fabrizio and his famliy went out of their way to provide all the things we needed.
They arranged private tours of the must see museums and sights of Florence. The local guides they provided were excellent, spoke perfect English and shared their passion and love for Florence that made it even more special.
We have stayed in fine hotels all over the world but have settled on only staying in small personal sites. Hotel Davznzati met all our criteria and we would not hesitate to stay agin if we have the opportunity.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Hebrew first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 June 2010

The exceptional atmosphere at The Davanzati made our stay in Florence a delight. Tommaso treated all the guests special and made us feel right at home. Outstanding service - second to none. The location is ideal for shopping, sites, and restaurants - everything is within walking distance including the train station.

The breakfasts and evening cocktails allow guests from all around the world to meet and share travel ideas.

Tommaso and family have created a "gem" in Florence!

We will definitely return to The Davanzati when traveling to Florence again and will recommend it to all of our friends!

The Williams Family

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 June 2010

The Davanzati, was really great. You can't beat the location. Right in the middle of everything. I felt totally safe. Late at night the elevator is locked, except to guests with keys. Because it's small, everyone knows you from day one. I would recommend it to anyone. The only setback, if you are at all handicapped there is a flight of stairs from the street with no elevator. For the rest of it's a little exercise. My room was really nice, but I have no idea of what the other rooms look like. Breakfast included. Very simple. Great cappuccino!

Swindon
Reviewed 25 June 2010

My sister & I stayed at the Hotel Davanzati for a long weekend recently, and we can only echo the high praise that other TripAdvisor reports have given the hotel. Florence is a lovely city, very compact & very walkable - and the hotel is right in the heart of the main attractions. From the street, the hotel does not look too much, with a set of steps leading up to a small landing. But the inside has been charmingly restored - an excellent mix of character but with the modern details that make a stay comfortable. Thanks to the triple glazing & good sound-proofing, the room was very quiet - and we appreciated the free internet access on a laptop provided in the room. The TV system with free movies was also very welcome. Service from all the hotel staff was excellent - from Fabrizio & Tommaso who booked tours for us & gave us good restaurant recommendations, to the breakfast & Happy Hour staff. Thanks to the Davanzati staff for making our experience of Florence so enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2010
RI
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I stayed 4 nights here in a quad, and I'd definitely stay again on my next visit. The hotel interior is beautiful, and the location could truly not be better. It's very centrally located, so it's easy to briefly return to the hotel mid-day if you want. The room was very quiet and a nice size. There's free wifi, an in-room computer, and a digital safe that fit a small MacBook we had brought. Although I didn't watch TV, my room had 2 nice sized flat screens. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. For example, my family arrived very early in the morning by train and were offered breakfast before even checking in.

I read some of the earlier comments that you have to walk up some stairs before reaching the elevator. Yes, that's true, but you should know the staff will carry your luggage up and down when you arrive and depart. I think it's only an issue for those who have trouble walking up stairs.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Alameda, CA
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I never wanted to leave Florence, and Hotel Davanzati was a big part of that. From the moment I walked in with Tommaso knowing exactly who I was without me having to say a word, to the day I left, when Fabrizio helped me to find the post office and wouldn't let me carry my own bags to to curb after calling me a cab, I was well-cared-for.

It can be dauting to travel alone, but between the restaurant and shopping recommendations and the nightly happy hour, I always felt comfortable and as though I had found a home in Florence. Indeed, when I come back, I will most definitely stay at the Hotel Davanzati.

Oh, and yes, there is some street noise. Small price to pay for being close to the action, and those windows do close.

London
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I am a frequent traveller, staying at all kinds of hotels, and was truly impressed with the level of service at Hotel Davanzati. Fabrizio was absolutely charming, helpful and accomodating on arrival, very quickly fixing me up with tickets at the Uffizi for the same day -- a Saturday, so off to a good start. Lots of advice and tips and just genuinely high quality service. The room was clean, modern, comfortable and well-appointed-with great bathroom products--always a bonus for me. The happy hour is a great idea. I only stayed one night, but would have wished to stay longer. Wow! Other hotels could learn a thing or two about hotel management from this fabulously run place in the perfect location in Florence.