“Stay if you like the company of bed bugs”
Review of Hotel Ferrucci

Hotel Ferrucci
Ranked #211 of 412 Hotels in Florence
Singapore
“Stay if you like the company of bed bugs”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is probably my very first TA hotel review. I've stayed in hostels, budget hotels - not that they were all pleasant stays but I would usually just let the experience slip/pass by the time I return home. This one here, I feel the need to inform. You can be the judge if you would eventually still like to be a guest here.

I booked 3 nights at Hotel Ferrucci. We arrived late but check-in was smooth. One down side was no elevators so we had to lug our luggage to the very top floor, which was ok - we just wanted a place to rest our heads.

The next morning, I started seeing itchy red spots on my body. On the way out of the hotel, I informed the receptionist and she was nice enough to suggest putting the electric mozzie repellant, which I did find it in my room upon return. Thinking the problem is solved, I went to bed that night unguarded. Little did I know that I would be greeted by a bug-infested body the next morning. We had a tight schedule so I whizzed myself out of the hotel early in the morning. But trust me, it was quite torturous as the wounds were really itchy. (We are on a 2-month long trip and don't have the luxury of time at each city).

That night, my partner and I decided to sleep in two other beds (it's a family room so we had two other single beds). The change of bed did helped the situation a little but I can't be more happy to be checking out the next morning. The real shocker came when I kindly informed the receptionist (if my memory did not serve me wrong she's the only brunette of the few receptionists). Her first reaction, in the most callous attitude, was "I don't know, this has never happened in the hotel before" and she went back to doing whatever job she was at. I was slightly dumbfounded and told her that "But that does not mean that there isn't going to be a first". As you can see, the conversation was already off to a bad start. I don't know what came over her (probably conscience) - when we were sitting in the lobby using the wifi to book our next destination, she said "the only thing I can do is recommend you go down to the pharmacy nearby. If the doctor confirms that it's a problem caused by the hotel, we would pay. Otherwise, you would bear the medical cost."

THAT made me flip. Firstly, when such an awful incident happen at the hotel, your concern was not the well-being of your guest but it's the medical cost. Secondly, I didn't know that doctors are able to verify that specific wounds are caused by bugs FROM the hotel.

It was really quite a bummer and a real inconvenience to encounter such an experience right smack in the middle of the trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank t3ardr0ps13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The staff was embarrassingly kind: the receptionist wanted to carry my super heavy luggage down 2 stories when she saw the elevator not coming. They had salami, cheese, ham and butter options for breakfast. It might sound silly but in Italy it's amazing. Walking distance from the main Termini station from local bus stop or even from the center if you are in good fitness

The front of the building was scaffolded which was not mentioned anywhere. Although, we got a room facing the other street which was even better.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms facing the smaller street in the other side of the corner
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed at the Ferrucci Hotel in Firenze for a total of 2 nights. The hotel is around a 15-20 walk to the city center.

The room was clean but it wasn't the most comfortable stay. Our room was directly behind the reception desk so it was quite noisy. There were also noises (assuming from water or heating) all throughout the night from the roof. The heater is weak and can't be controlled, so the room was freezing at night. The blanket was also very thin, so staying in this hotel during the winter isn't recommended.

The hotel is also advertised as having free Wi-fi but it doesn't. There was a sign on the reception desk saying "Wi-fi fails..."

Overall, the hotel is quite clean and at a reasonable price which is rare in Florence. We would stay again but only when it isn't winter and if having no internet didn't effect our plans.

Room Tip: Choose a room further away from reception (a higher number)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank quincale
Fabrizio F, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Ferrucci, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for writing us a review about your experience in our Hotel. We are sorry for the inconvenience of wi-fi, guests have access for free but in these days we had problem with the telephone line. We will also try to improve our rooms, to avoid the noise of the traffic in the street, although we have already put double windows. We inform you also that the heating is under guests control so you can stay here again also in winter! Next time we will show you how turn it on. Hoping to welcome you again,
Best Regards
Atlanta
Reviewed 11 March 2014

thanks to the hotel staff that was very friendly and welcoming, i had all the informations needed for my stay, the room was really nice for the price and the city is only 5 minutes away by the bus number 23; after 7 continents there's still something surprising me in this world, the experience is really important guys! (I was there in March 2014)

Room Tip: room number 14!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 17 February 2014

What you came to this page looking for. A wonderful, affordable hotel just outside of the city center. The staff here is very helpful and kind. Rooms are clean, sizable, and quiet. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Simon G
Fabrizio F, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Ferrucci, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Mr. G.,
Thanks so much for your kind review! We are happy that you enjoyed our Hotel and we are glad that your experience have been great. Hope to see you soon in our Hotel.
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 13 February 2014

we got two rooms one s standard for one person and the other s restrict to two ppl and charged more than the single room. However, the room size s most the same and the stand light was not working so the room s not so bright. However, it's overall good apart from the location s kinda far from central ( walking takes 20 mins)

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Cocomelon
Dear Mr.,
Thanks for the kind review and thanks for dedicate us few minutes of your precious time.
We're really glad that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel and we will improve the brightness in our rooms.
We hope to welcome you again.
Paderno del Grappa, Italy
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This hotel was very nice. It was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and I would go back again. My room was not noisy at all. The bathroom was very nice and updated.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sarah J
Dear Mrs. S.,
Thanks so much for the nice review and thanks for your time.
We're glad that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel and we hope to welcome you back soon.