“Marcmarcy”

Ranked #179 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Syracuse, New York
“Marcmarcy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

After 3 nights in Venice we moved on to Florence. We rely on trip advisor to find nice 2 and 3 star hotels to fit our budget. The reviews are helpful. I don't know if ferruchi is for you if a warm room causes you sleep problems. There was no ac which the hotel said was a national policy not to provide it until June 1 regardless of the daytime temp. Wi fi also drifted in and out. There were no bed bugs and the other reviews delivered the goods. Judge accordingly.

Stayed May 2014
Fabrizio F, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Ferrucci, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Mr M,
Thanks for writing us a review, it is important to know how was the experience of our guest to improve our services. As you wrote, from June we have air conditioning, before was not so hot to have it! We will try to improve wifi connection. Hope to see you again
Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and was very pleased. The room was really beautiful with high ceilings with a fresco on the ceiling. Location was good, a bit far from the city center but we still walked it each day or you could take one of two buses that stopped nearby. The breakfast is included only one day and it was very good with an assortment of coffee, cappuccino, espresso, pastries, hard boiled eggs, yogurt etc... If you choose to eat there another day it is 5 euro per person which I think is a good value. Staff was helpful and rooms were clean.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenna A
Fabrizio F, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Ferrucci, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Mrs J.,
Thanks so much for the kind review and for the time used to write it. Customer satisfaction is our goal and hear nice and kind words as you wrote us it's a big pleasure. We are happy to know that you have appreciated our clean rooms, breakfast and staff!
Hope to welcome you back soon.
All the best
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

...we pre-booked a room in the hotel for our 5 day Florence trip and it turned out to be the perfect choice.

The hotel is situated pretty close to the old town of Florence, you can either walk along the Arno or take the bus to the Ponte Vecchio. A walk will take you 15min the bus only 5 minutes...

The direct surrounding is very nice, not too touristic and gives you a lot of options for your daily espresso and entrance to the ways leading up to the Piazza Michelangelo.

The rooms are very nice and the bathrooms are small but very modern. The staff is incredible nice and friendly. They even arranged flowers for my girlfriend when I asked them.

A definite recommendation!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Solaris1981
Fabrizio F, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Ferrucci, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Mr.,
Thanks so much for the kind review and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel, our position and the staff.
Hope to welcome you next time we wish you
All the Best!!
Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is probably my very first TA hotel review. I've stayed in hostels, budget hotels - not that they were all pleasant stays but I would usually just let the experience slip/pass by the time I return home. This one here, I feel the need to inform. You can be the judge if you would eventually still like to be a guest here.

I booked 3 nights at Hotel Ferrucci. We arrived late but check-in was smooth. One down side was no elevators so we had to lug our luggage to the very top floor, which was ok - we just wanted a place to rest our heads.

The next morning, I started seeing itchy red spots on my body. On the way out of the hotel, I informed the receptionist and she was nice enough to suggest putting the electric mozzie repellant, which I did find it in my room upon return. Thinking the problem is solved, I went to bed that night unguarded. Little did I know that I would be greeted by a bug-infested body the next morning. We had a tight schedule so I whizzed myself out of the hotel early in the morning. But trust me, it was quite torturous as the wounds were really itchy. (We are on a 2-month long trip and don't have the luxury of time at each city).

That night, my partner and I decided to sleep in two other beds (it's a family room so we had two other single beds). The change of bed did helped the situation a little but I can't be more happy to be checking out the next morning. The real shocker came when I kindly informed the receptionist (if my memory did not serve me wrong she's the only brunette of the few receptionists). Her first reaction, in the most callous attitude, was "I don't know, this has never happened in the hotel before" and she went back to doing whatever job she was at. I was slightly dumbfounded and told her that "But that does not mean that there isn't going to be a first". As you can see, the conversation was already off to a bad start. I don't know what came over her (probably conscience) - when we were sitting in the lobby using the wifi to book our next destination, she said "the only thing I can do is recommend you go down to the pharmacy nearby. If the doctor confirms that it's a problem caused by the hotel, we would pay. Otherwise, you would bear the medical cost."

THAT made me flip. Firstly, when such an awful incident happen at the hotel, your concern was not the well-being of your guest but it's the medical cost. Secondly, I didn't know that doctors are able to verify that specific wounds are caused by bugs FROM the hotel.

It was really quite a bummer and a real inconvenience to encounter such an experience right smack in the middle of the trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank t3ardr0ps13
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

The staff was embarrassingly kind: the receptionist wanted to carry my super heavy luggage down 2 stories when she saw the elevator not coming. They had salami, cheese, ham and butter options for breakfast. It might sound silly but in Italy it's amazing. Walking distance from the main Termini station from local bus stop or even from the center if you are in good fitness

The front of the building was scaffolded which was not mentioned anywhere. Although, we got a room facing the other street which was even better.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms facing the smaller street in the other side of the corner
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed at the Ferrucci Hotel in Firenze for a total of 2 nights. The hotel is around a 15-20 walk to the city center.

The room was clean but it wasn't the most comfortable stay. Our room was directly behind the reception desk so it was quite noisy. There were also noises (assuming from water or heating) all throughout the night from the roof. The heater is weak and can't be controlled, so the room was freezing at night. The blanket was also very thin, so staying in this hotel during the winter isn't recommended.

The hotel is also advertised as having free Wi-fi but it doesn't. There was a sign on the reception desk saying "Wi-fi fails..."

Overall, the hotel is quite clean and at a reasonable price which is rare in Florence. We would stay again but only when it isn't winter and if having no internet didn't effect our plans.

Room Tip: Choose a room further away from reception (a higher number)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank quincale
Dear Guest,

Thanks for writing us a review about your experience in our Hotel. We are sorry for the inconvenience of wi-fi, guests have access for free but in these days we had problem with the telephone line. We will also try to improve our rooms, to avoid the noise of the traffic in the street, although we have already put double windows. We inform you also that the heating is under guests control so you can stay here again also in winter! Next time we will show you how turn it on. Hoping to welcome you again,
Best Regards
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

thanks to the hotel staff that was very friendly and welcoming, i had all the informations needed for my stay, the room was really nice for the price and the city is only 5 minutes away by the bus number 23; after 7 continents there's still something surprising me in this world, the experience is really important guys! (I was there in March 2014)

Room Tip: room number 14!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo