Overview: This is a great little hotel. It is a 15 minute walk from the SMN train station (1.3km). The city seemed quite safe even in the dark, and the hotel is right on the river and has a well lit parking area in front. This was a great hotel for the money, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The common room is converted into the breakfast area in the morning. Florence is a town that is very easy to walk around, so paying more to closer isn't really worth it. Probably a 4 star hotel, but at the price, a 4.5. Definitely would stay here again.
- Very reasonable priced. Just unbeatable value.
- Right on the river which has a decent view from a couple rooms.
- Spacious rooms.
- Extremely helpful multi-lingual staff, especially the morning staff.
- Large bed with decent comfort.
- Great gelataria place right down the road
- A good small hotel atmosphere, especially at breakfast
- Shower only had a slight glass shield, not a full closing door or curtain. Tough for Americans to get used to.
- Since it is right on the river, you can’t open the windows for fresh air because of the mosquitoes/insects.
- There are only a few rooms and they’re all on one level and a few of them open right up to the common area which can be noisy any time of day which can be tough at night if they are moving around tables or watching TV loudly. We still got our sleep, but just something to note.
- Not a lot of restaurants nearby compared with the other parts of the Florence. This was a small issue on Sunday nights when we we arrived late (~9PM), but the other nights was not an issue.
- Room service is provided even if you don’t want it. Our wet towels were folded and hung one on top of the other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Relais il Cestello is an old structure used in the past as a post office that worked with horses and carrozze. The hotel looks on piazza di Cestello and from the windows you can see the beautiful church Cestello, the San frediano surroundings, Ognissanti church and the river Arno.San frediano is a very typical old florentine suburb where you may still find wood, leather, glass and jewelery shops. Close to the hotel you can visit piazza del Carmine, piazza Santo Spirito and not so far Pitti Palace.In fact Hotel Relais il Cestello is situated in the heart of Florence in a few minutes you can walk tO the central railway station, the Ponte Vecchio bridge, Piazza della Signoria and the beautiful streets such as via della Vigna Nuova, Via Tornabuoni, Via Strozzi piazza della Repubblica where you may shop in all the high fashion and antique stores ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotel.de, Ebookers and HRS so you can book your Hotel Relais Il Cestello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Il Cestello Florence