Villa La Vedetta
US$292
US$263
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
US$156
Agoda.com
Hotel David(Florence)
US$208
US$198
All reviewsoverlooking florencewedding venuehotel terraceshuttle serviceponte vecchioshuttle busdeluxe suiteour honeymoonjacuzzi tubbeautiful propertyentire cityboutique hotelloved florencecentral florenceroof terracevisit florencepastries
Reviewed 8 August 2011

If you are looking for a peaceful place to stay downtown Florence, La Vedetta has it all : superb rooms, some with a huge terrace overlooking the nice garden, a breathtaking view on the Cathedral and the ancient city, a calm outside pool, original cuisine ( try the sea urchin pasta ...); they have indeed a very good baker (excellent breakfast pastries) and, most of all, an extremely discrete and very effcient service.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

superb hotel, absolutely perfect the whole stay starting with a gentile welcome, perfect staff.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2011

we had a wonderful stay at villa la vedetta, we wish we have had the chance to stay longer…
the rooms were very comfortable and the staff amanzingly nice.
it was the best hotel in our 3-week trip to italy.
from our room window we could appreciate the view of the whole florence historic center.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2011

My wife and I recently attended a friends wedding and all the guest s stayed at the villa. The location could not be more incredible with its views of Florence. The villa itself is beautiful with tasteful and well decorated sitting rooms, dining areas, and foyers. The rooms themselves were well decorated, spoyless, and very roomy. Our room had a large sitting room, and very comfortable bedroom with a four-posted bed, and a sizeable bathroom with a jacuzzi. The service was top notch - from the very efficient (and almost invisible housekeeping staff) to the very attentive dining and bar staff to the always helpful frontdesk and concierge staff. The wedding reception at the villa was the most incredible experiences my wife anf I have attended! The table setting was elegant, the service perfect, and the food was superb! If you want to truly experience Florence in all its glory we absolutely recommend staying at the Villa!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Direzione_LaVedetta, Direttore at Villa La Vedetta, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

We are thrilled that we were able to contribute in making your wedding with us special and unique.
From all the staff we wish you all the best for the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2011

On July 1st I had my wedding at Villa la Vedetta, and also rented out the whole hotel for 5 days for all of my guests. From the planning that took place from about a year ago, to the day of the wedding and all of the events after, everything was absolutely perfect.
Beyond the incredible views and perfect location, it was really the staff at Villa la Vedetta that made my day/week even more special.

I arrived to the Villa on June 27th, a couple of days before my wedding. None of our luggage arrived arrive because of a Strike at Charles de Gaulle Airport in France. I was devastated to say the least. The staff at Villa la Vedetta was so helpful, calling day and night trying to get an answer. They finally were able to retrieve it, and sent one of their own staff members to the airport so I could continue with my dinner plans.

The person who I worked with in planning the whole wedding was Serena. Here attention to detail is evident as you will see in the pictures. A huge king’s table was set up to fit all of our guests, a bar and a lounge with furniture that Serena rented. The food, prepared by their chef was incredible, and the night was completely seamless from start to finish. After dinner, all of the guests moved down stairs. They cleared out their restaurant Onice, and turned it into a chic club for dancing. They never made us feel rushed; the wedding actually went on until 4 am!

I enjoyed myself immensely, but my guests were wowed by the beauty of the Villa, and the service they received during their stay. Every room is beautiful, with the modern touches that most European hotels lack. I travel a lot, have been to every continent and stayed in top name 5 star resorts. The Villa la Vedetta is the best, which is why I chose it.

After the wedding, Villa la Vedetta even assisted me in planning the rest of the trip with my guests; renting buses for wine tours, dinner in Siena, etc. Everything was exactly as promised, every detail and every invoice. Serena was a pleasure to work with, along with some of her other girls, Laura and Valentina.

I absolutely recommend Villa la Vedetta for any event, but also for a great stay a couple or a family. It is the perfect combination of Luxury, Beauty and Service.

Room Tip: They are all perfect. Look at pictures on their web site, they are very accurate!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family