“An unforgettable weekend!”

Villa La Vedetta
Ranked #67 of 420 Hotels in Florence
“An unforgettable weekend!”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. Everything was perfect! Bery cosy and friendly atmoshphere.Our room was great , very clean and spacious. We actually got an upgrade for our room at check in! The view from the hotel was magnificent. Also we didn't have a problem reaching the centre from the hotel, we either walked (around 10') our transferred by the shuttle bus. Especially Valentina , the girl at the reception, was really helpful with us and made our stay special!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Adapra
Direzione_LaVedetta, General Manager at Villa La Vedetta, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear Mrs. Adapra,
thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor ! To read such good comments is our best satifaction and we will keep working to guarantee our customers the best attention possible .

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
CT
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My review on this hotel is ovedue. We stayed here in August of 2007. We had a relatively good rate because they had an online promotion going on at the time. If we payed full price, I would be rating this 3 stars. My family of 4, plus my brother's family of 3, plus my parents stayed here. The accommodations were beautiful and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The view from the pool (which is advertised as heated, but is not in August and was as cold as ice) is very lovely. The view takes your breath away (as did the freezing cold water of the pool!) My children didn't want to get in the pool becasue it was so cold, and the whole reason we got a hotel with a pool was for the kids. I didn't want to get in it either, but I did to try to convince the kids that it wasn't so bad. I think I turned blue. Okay. Enough with the ice cold pool. I'm pretty sure they put ice in it every morning... But enough already. I'm shivering just thinking about it.

I did mention how helpful the staff is. If my word for it isn't enough, I could show you the bill. They charged me very heavily for every bit of help they gave. "Would you like museum reservations? No problem. Here are your tickets." "Would you like dinner reservations? No problem. Here is the address." Know that it costs about 20 euros everytime they do something for you. I think our helpful front desk person charged us about 100 euros for the phone calls she made for us. She was THAT helpful. Most hotels have a concierge whose job it is to help you with such things. It's normally included in the rate. At this hotel, she charges you for it. A lot. No wonder she's smiling. It's good to be helpful. They don't tell you that when they help you it will cost you. You find this out when you are checking out.

Again, the facilities are beautiful and the staff was VERY ($$) helpful... if I could give it 3.5 stars, I would, because I don't like hidden charges and false claims of "heated" pools. But despite all of this, we loved coming back to this hotel at the end of the day with the beautiful view.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Direzione_LaVedetta, General Manager at Villa La Vedetta, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Dear Tripadvisor user ,
thank you very much for your time writing the review and we are very sorry for the few problems occurred during your stay .
We are very sorry but we have never published that our pool is heated ( I have personal checked in all our sites)
Regarding the other extra fees you are mentioning you hould contact me directly and report exctact costs and bills paid and I will be able to certify that no "additional fees" were added on you see the details , and in case of contrary refund you imediately.
Anyway I will take opportunity with this message to check all our services cost provided to our customers and I ensure you my personal attention on this aspect .
Thank you very much for your time and awaiting your direct contact I send my personal regards

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I just returned from a week's stay at Villa Vedetta in December of 2011. My bride and I were married there on December 22, 2011. Words are inadequate in expressing just how grateful we are to have chosen to have our wedding and our honeymoon there. We were treated like family and ecery request that we made was met with a smile and an eagerness to make our stay memorable. Serena helped us plan our wedding (small and intimate). Serena was outstanding and made certain that everything was as we expected. I cannot comment on the breakfast buffet because we ordered room service every morning, but the food was there promptly and it was excellent. This is a small hotel and we felt very welcomed. You will not find a better private view of Florence. The room was gorgeous and the gardens and grounds were incredibly beautiful and well kept. This villa would be worth satying at even if it did not enjoy such a privileged view of Florence. I have been to Florence many times and have never felt so strongly about any hotel there. My bride and I will be back every year.

Room Tip: ask for a view of piaza Michelangelo
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank christian c
Dear Tripadvisor user,
thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor and your kind appreciation of our services .
We all do our best to ensure a plesant stay to our precious customers and to read such good comments is our best satisfaction !
We really look forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Villa La Vedetta !
Please remind to ask on the reservation " Room with a view"

Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2011

My Family and i travel extensivley and have stayed at many 5 star hotels around the world and can say that we were extreamly impressed with the product, service and food offered at this hotel. Laura was so helpfull and nothing was to much trouble, she is ddefinatley an asset to this hotel and managment should look after her. Well located and the hotels mini bus was at our disposal and tehy drove us into town when ever we wished, no charge. I would definatley stay there again and so should you, you will not be disapointed.

If you have ever traveled to italy you know it can be hit and miss and close enough is good enough and staff can be very average and unhelpfull, but this hotel is very different and so there is hope for some other hotels yet.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TheFrangipaniBroome
Direzione_LaVedetta, General Manager at Villa La Vedetta, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear Customer,
thank you very much for your comment ! We are all happy and greatfull to you for giving us the opportunity of offering you our services . It is our best satisfaction to know that all was perfect and that all the Hotel staff ensured you a very pleasant stay . Laura is very happy for mentioning her on the comment .
Hotel Villa La Vedetta*****L
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Service as good as the view
Nice rooms and very confortable beds
Temptating breakfast !

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Sir,
thank you very much for writing your comment on tripadvisor . We are happy about your pleasant stay with us and we look forward for your next visit .

Hotel Villa La Vedetta*****L
athens, georgia
Reviewed 8 October 2011

My husband and I truly enjoyed our 3 night stay in Florence at Villa La Vedetta. The staff was very friendly and helpful, making us feel welcome in this beautiful property. We were given an upgrade to a junior suite which was a pleasant surprise. The room and bath were beautifully decorated in a somewhat funky style. The hotel site atop Michelangelo's hill afforded an absolutely stunning view of Florence. We began each day with a view of the Duomo from the terrace at breakfast and ended each night with the same view of Florence lit up at night. We were also encouraged to climb to the roof of the hotel where we could have an even more spectacular view. The food, while tasty, was very overpriced, for all meals- breakfast, terrace bar menu and the restaurant. The wait staff were very friendly, but exceedingly slow, and at times, forgetful of requests. They were working hard, but could do with some additional training, especially since this is a 5 star resort. We were lucky enough to see a wedding held on the grounds with the reception set up on the terrace. The staff and other guests were all obviously enjoying this special event. The grounds were beautiful, as was the pool. Being somewhat removed from downtown Florence was a plus, and the shuttle service was a big plus. Special recognition to Roberto who picked us up each evening and asked about our day. He was even able to recover my lost wallet which had fallen from my bag in a taxi cab! Neither he, nor the taxi driver who returned the wallet, would accept anything other than our verbal thanks. He also made certain that we were able to enjoy a light evening meal on the terrace after normal terrace dining hours. The kitchen staff may not have been happy with that decision, but we certainly were. Roberto was at the hotel each evening greeting guests and making sure that they were happy, and in our case, even solving some problems. His attentiveness to us and to the other guests was noted, and deeply appreciated. The greatest compliment I can give this hotel is that we would love to stay here again on any future trips to Florence.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Direzione_LaVedetta, Guest Relations Manager at Villa La Vedetta, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
Dear Madame,
Thank you very much for sharing on Tripadvisor your wonderful experience at la Vedetta . I am very happy that the Hotel and all the staff could make your your stay the most memorable one!
It was a real pleasure and honour to assist you and please come back soon with your family to celebrate your next Anniversary.

Hotel Villa La Vedetta
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Just returned from the magical wedding of our daughter at the Villa - the staff couldnt have been more accommodating and we felt they were part of the family. Nothing was too much trouble for us and our guests.And then ... the location, everyone sat down on the terrace with the most incredible view as the sun set- food was amazing, service impeccable, dont hesitate if you want this to be your wedding venue. Congratulations to all at the villa

Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank imogenAustralia
Dear madame,
thank you very much for writing on Tripadvisor ! I perfectly remember the wedding and it was a fantastic one!
Everything went perfect as planned , your guests were all happy and enjoyed it very much -
All the efforts made that day the most memorable one for you and for your family .
Thank you very much for your kindness and attention

Hotel Villa La Vedetta