Whilst the views were phenomenal, our stay in this hotel was marred by the fact that our room smelt of raw sewerage and the shower would not drain causing our bedroom to flood.
They were VERY reluctant to relocate us, instead promising that they would have maintenance look at the issue. I'm not convinced if anyone actually did anything other than add a few more scented sticks to the room. When we arrived back late from our days touring, the room odour was very bad. Again the following morning we complained after enduring the flooding again - I had to insist that they changed our room OR found us another hotel.
Whilst the staff are "friendly" they tend to be very ineffectual. The next room we were given was in the main building which was better, though looking a little tired.
Its a great location for the view BUT if you're wanting to explore the centre of florence then you'd be a lot better located in the centre. This hotel is a litle cut off from town and restaurants/bars are very limited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true 'Urban Resort' unique in Florence. Romantic neo-renaissance villa, today a lavish hotel of only 18 deluxe rooms and suites in exclusive panoramic position on Piazzale Michelangelo, with breathtaking view of Florence only a few steps from Ponte Vecchio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa La Vedetta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Vedetta Hotel Florence
- Hotel La Vedetta
- Boutique Hotel La Vedetta