I stayed at Villa La Vedetta for a week in late May 2012.
The view of Florence is quite breathtaking. The hotel is on a hill so you can see all the main sites of Florence from the hotel terrace.
The staff are extremely helpful and the breakfast that was included in the price was excellent.
Rooms were furnished to a high standard.
The pool area was lovely but be warned the pool is not heated.
The hotel feels like a private villa as it does not have too many rooms.
There are lovely works of art in the grounds and in the hotel.
The hotel is only 15-20 minutes walk to the centre of Florence but the climb back up the hill via a series of steps is not for the faint hearted although my fitness really improved after a week of hill climbs.
Still it was worth it for the views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true 'Urban Resort' unique in Florence. Romantic neo-renaissance villa, today a lavish hotel of only 18 deluxe rooms and suites in exclusive panoramic position on Piazzale Michelangelo, with breathtaking view of Florence only a few steps from Ponte Vecchio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Villa La Vedetta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Vedetta Hotel Florence
- Hotel La Vedetta
- Boutique Hotel La Vedetta