This was truly a 5 star hotel. We stayed here for three nights at the start of our honeymoon. On our arrival we were shown to our room and a bottle of pro secco was brought up to us with a lovely note congratulating us on our new marriage - lovely touch. Amazing views of Florence from the terrace where you can get afternoon tea every afternoon for free - though we only discovered this on the last day!
It was about a 20 min walk to the city centre - be aware many steps though so heels not recommended!
The room was beautiful, a little smaller than we expected for the price & we would've liked a room in the main building though I think we we're put in the seperate villa due to it being our honeymoon!
Breakfast was very expensive - 18 euro each for a continental breakfast, there was a cafe in the city where we got the same for 5, but for a 5 star hotel what can you expect!
We'd definately stay here again, brilliant start to our honeymoon!
P.s the English girl on reception was amazing and circled everything we may have wanted to see on our trip and the directions back to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true 'Urban Resort' unique in Florence. Romantic neo-renaissance villa, today a lavish hotel of only 18 deluxe rooms and suites in exclusive panoramic position on Piazzale Michelangelo, with breathtaking view of Florence only a few steps from Ponte Vecchio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Villa La Vedetta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Vedetta Hotel Florence
- Hotel La Vedetta
- Boutique Hotel La Vedetta