Over the years we have stayed in several hotels in Florence including some of the „palaces“. Villa Vedetta is our favorite because of its discrete elegance, the superb view and the very friendly and efficient management and staff. Of course not all rooms are created equal but the reception does everything to give you the best room among those available on arrival, in our case a wonderful room with a fantastic view over Florence.
Breakfast buffet might appear smaller than in other hotels but hot dishes are prepared freshly to order which is much better than eggs remaining on the stoves for hours.
The hotel is not in the city center. The view over the city largely compensates for this. Also, after a day of sightseeing in the usually crowded city the distance is welcome. To relax there is a beautiful pool in the hotel garden. It’s an easy walk down hill of about 20 min to the center. There is a regular shuttle service if you’d rather skip the walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true 'Urban Resort' unique in Florence. Romantic neo-renaissance villa, today a lavish hotel of only 18 deluxe rooms and suites in exclusive panoramic position on Piazzale Michelangelo, with breathtaking view of Florence only a few steps from Ponte Vecchio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Villa La Vedetta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Vedetta Hotel Florence
- Hotel La Vedetta
- Boutique Hotel La Vedetta