Firenze is my favorite city in the world and I had been trying to take my wife for about 7 years. On our recent trip we planned for 3 nights there at the Grand Hotel Minerva.
The Grand Hotel Minerva is a very nice hotel with a great location on the Piazza di Santa Maria Novella and a wonderful rooftop pool offering a great view of the Doumo and beyond. The only temporary problem is the work being done tearing up and replacing the Piazza on which it sits. Construction should be finished by end of summer according to the Minerva.
After two nights of sleep being interrupted around 6:00 AM with jackhammer work, the manager there arranged for our transfer to this hotel. Villa La Vedetta is one of the most beautiful boutique hotels I have visited. It has the most beautiful views of Firenze that a hotel can offer. The views are from the Pool bar, the pool, the patio, the restuarant and the rooms. The service was tremendous.
It saved Firenze for us and was one of the high points of the entire Italy trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true 'Urban Resort' unique in Florence. Romantic neo-renaissance villa, today a lavish hotel of only 18 deluxe rooms and suites in exclusive panoramic position on Piazzale Michelangelo, with breathtaking view of Florence only a few steps from Ponte Vecchio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa La Vedetta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Vedetta Hotel Florence
- Hotel La Vedetta
- Boutique Hotel La Vedetta