Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine
Ranked #43 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Excellent location - 10 min from Trainstation, very friendly staff!

Clean, comfortable room, high speed wifi, great location, 10 min to central part of Fiorence, a lot of beautiful restaurants not far from hotel!

Yummy breakfast!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear guest from Moscoe,

thank you very very much for your splendid words and thank you for stoping by and staying in our residence! - We will gladly welcome you again should you return to Florence.

Have a lovely spring and wish you all the best

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Rezidenza Johanna I is the perfect place to start being enchanted by Florence! Great location, tastetfully furnished and very clean rooms and a really nice and helpful guy at the reception. Everything in this hotel is made with elegance and attention to the detail - including the classical music at the reception. We spend a week in Florence off-season (February) and the elegant but homely atmosphere of Rezidenza Johanna I made our stay really unforgettable. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elitsa Z
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear guests from Sofia, Bulgaria,

we thank you very much for considering our residence as enchanting place as Florence is, for appreciating our care for details and our staff.
We do our best to create a beautiful and homey atmosphere and we would love to welcome you here again soon!

Our warmest regards from Florence

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I did not want to go the sterile, commercial route of staying in a hotel; rather, we opted for a BnB that would give us a homely taste of Florence. We were not disappointed with our stay at Johanna 1 which was during the New Year period, 2014. We loved the wooden floors in the passage with its paintings and antique dresser laid with cups and saucers and fresh cake daily. Classical music in the background was a nice touch. The décor in the two rooms had an old worldly charm about them with their dark furniture, antique prints on the pale blue walls, and the burgundy and cream drapes. (However, I do think the rooms were a bit ‘tired’ and would benefit from a fresh lick of paint and a new quilt/counterpane). The rooms were clean with fresh linen and towels daily. The bed was wonderfully comfortable. The central heating was most efficient to the point of us sleeping with the windows wide open at night. The shower rose was big, rendering strong, hot water – a pity that there was no bath plug permitting a long soak!
As for the service, we were most impressed. We received a warm welcome and were helped on numerous occasions with our tourist queries. The free Wi-Fi and honesty bar came in handy. Although the dining room was very small, accommodating about 8 people at a time, we did not find this a problem. The breakfast spread was more than adequate.
I must just point out that on our arrival the beautiful view of the courtyard was marred by some scaffolding, a cement mixer and rubble. Whereas we understand the need of regular restoration and the logic of this being executed during off-peak season, it would have been courteous to let us know in advance about the building operations at the establishment

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear guests from Cape Town, South Africa,

we are greatful for your lovely review and your kind attention, it was our delight hosting you in our florentine home.
We thank you as well for your remarks and must note that we do renew the wall-paint yearly - usually in springtime and that the quilts are new as well.
Furthermore, we didn't find it necessary informing you with the restoration working since it regarded the oposite pacade and so didn't involve any disturbance to our guests.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our residence and until then we send you our warmest regards

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Residence Johanna is the place for refined travellers with good taste. It offers enjoyable stay in the space decorated with a touch of an old Florentine style, and with classical music in the background. It is located in the perfect area, isolated from touristic noise and crowd, with local people living in the neighbourhood and with many nice local restaurants. The staff is smart and wonderful.
I highly recommend it to all of you who appreciate the beauty of simple and quality things.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank BgBgBoka
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear guest from Paris,

thank you so very much for your heartly beautiful words and delicacy of spirit and appreciation of our residence and staff!
We'll be happy to see you back and are waiting to welcome you again.
Until then, we send you our warmest regards from Florence

Reviewed 24 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our 3 days in Florence, especially because we selected Residenza Johanna I for our stay. From the very welcoming reception by Luca, to the ease of walking to the Old City and beyond, everything was designed to keep us relaxed and comfortable. We wanted a meal of Florentine beefsteak, and viola, the perfect recommendation and reservation were made.
For six years we waited to stay in Florence at this hotel, and without any hesitation we suggest it to everyone seeking a boutique experience at a great price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear guests from Fair Oaks, California,

thank you SO much for your kind words and attention and for sharing your experience with future travellers!
We are glad that finally you made it staying here with us in Florence and that you enjoyed it fully (we know how much its important, especially after crossing almost two continents...)
We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again sometime in the future and until then we send you our warmest regards for a lovely winter

from Luca and all the staff of Johanna I

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here during our "Euromoon" and it was absolutely the best place we could have chosen while in Florence. While initially when we arrive we weren't so sure, once we arrived at the door and the staff greeted us, we were in love. They had even left us biscotti and wine in honor of our honeymoon. The rooms are charming, the service impeccable, and location great -- only about a block of a main road, and about 3/4 mile walk down to the main tourist areas. The price is reasonable for the normal hotel amenities we received and we will definitely recommend this place to anyone we know going to Florence.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear guests from Germantown, Maryland,

we thank you heartedly for your generous words and your attitude and it was our pleasure having you here with us during your honeymoon!
We congratulate you again, hoping to see you back in our residence (for an anniversary, maybe...?)

Please receive our warmest regards for a lovely winter