“Great place to stay in Florence”

Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine
Ranked #37 of 659 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was a very comfortable place to stay, quiet yet not too far when walking from the historical centre of Florence. Air-conditioning was very welcome, as we're tea-making facilities. Staff were very friendly and helpful and breakfast was very nice. The decor with pictures, old-style furniture, bookcases, lamps, etc was attractive and welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Virginia R
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear guests,

thank you very much for appreciating our staff, our style and hospitality - we'll do our best to keep on going this way for our guests comfort and well-being.
Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Happy and helpful reseption giving good recomandations during the stay. Hotel location is quiet and in perfect distance from the centrum. Room seemed clean and in good condition. Breakfast was ok compared to other hotels in italy. Aircondition and free wifi connection.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Øystein S

Dear guests,

thank you for your kind review and for your appreciation towards our staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and are waiting to welcome you again in Florence

We send you our warmest regards for a lovely summer

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was our first time in Italy and we both agree that Florence was our absolute favourite. We loved the staff at Residenza Johanna I and we would whole heartedly recommend this place to anyone looking to visit this beautiful city. Luca and his staff were such a pleasure and they always went above and beyond to ensure we had all the information we needed to make the most out of our trip. The room was beautiful and clean, the breakfast was delicious and the service was impeccable. We spent close to three weeks in Italy and stayed at different BnBs and hotels but Residenza Johanna I was by far, without a doubt, the best place we stayed at during our trip. We will certainly be returning to Florence and we will be staying at Residenza Johanna I. Thanks again to Luca and his wonderful staff!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anila D
illyfirenze, Guest Relations Manager at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear guests from Toronto, Canada,

thank you very very much for your beautiful words and enthusiasm - its a whole kind of gratitude that we feel by your experience and by sharing it with all travelling readers and reading travellers.

Awaiting to welcome you here again we send you our greetings from Florence and our warmest regards for a lovely summer from all the staff of Johanna I

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We enjoyed our two days stay in Residenza Johanna 1, situated as it is away from the crowds around the main attractions in Florence. It was wonderful to be in a quiet street and yet still within easy walking distance of all we wanted to see. We were greeted at reception with lots of information about places to visit and to eat. Our room, with small balcony, was clean and well equipped and having tea and coffee available all day was a real bonus. A very good choice for a stay in Florence.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SueLiz46

Dear guests from Melbourne, Australia,

a BIG thank you for your kind review and appreciation! It was our pleasure welcoming you in our residence and hopefully we'll meet again in your next trip to Florence.

Wishing you a lovely winter we send you our warmest regards

Reviewed 2 June 2014

For my first trip to Florence, and as a solo-female traveller, I found Residenza Johanna 1 a wonderful choice for my 9-day stay. My room was clean, quiet and comfortable: the staff were incredibly helpful and made some terrific recommendations. The decor is lovely, I felt very relaxed and at home during my stay - and loved the honesty bar, drinks available at any time. The walk to the center of Florence is short, but enough distance to be away from the tour crowds. I highly recommend this place for travelers that are looking for a comfortable stay at a very reasonable cost.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Catherine H
illyfirenze, Guest Relations Manager at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear guest from New-York,

we are really grateful for your beautiful review and your appreciation towards
so many aspects of our residence, especially those regarding our staff - it is
our satisfaction knowing your stay with us was so comfortable and pleasant!

We hope to welcome you again in our residence and until then we send
you our warmest regards from Florence for a lovely summer!
From all the staff of Johanna I

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We so very much enjoyed our stay at Residenza Johanna 1 while in Florence. It was an idea location,a short and easy walk to Piazza del Duomo. Our room was of ample size and very comfortable. The staff where friendly, charming and most helpful during our 4 day stay.
A special thank you to Luca!
I would not hesitate to recommend this establishment!

• Stayed: May 2014
illyfirenze, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Residenza Johanna I - Antiche Dimore Fiorentine, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear guests from North Carolina,

we thank you heartedly for your kind and generous words regarding our residence and, especially, those referring to our staff - it was lovely having you here with us and we really hope to see you again soon!

from Luca and all the staff of Johanna I

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very nice B and B, clean comfortable rooms, staff was extremely helpful and sincere, all the guests we met were pleased with their choice, Luca's recommendations for restaurants were wonderful, would recommend this spot to everyone! Book early it's always full, a good indication on how good it is.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank DWilsons5

Dear guests from Oshawa, Canada,

it is a great pleasure reading your so beautiful and generous words about
our residence and it was wonderful having you here.
We are grateful for your enthusiasm and wish to see you again soon!

from Luca and all the staff of johanna I