“the friendliest staff”
Review of Hotel Elite

Hotel Elite
Ranked #262 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 10 June 2011

we were checked in by Nadia, possibly the nicest person who ever worked in a hotel. we left our bags and spent a couple of hours exploring the city - all main attractions walkable, but buses and trains are right nearby too. the hotel is sweet and quaint, our room had a lovely view. there was a shower and sink IN our room too, next to the bed. the toilet was outside and shared with other rooms on the floor. unfortunately the shower had practically no waterflow, so disappointing as everything else about the hotel was just charming. the hotel is linked with two others that offer breakfast for either 3 or 5 euro depending on the hotel, and if you miss the check in times you need to check into one of these other hotels which are nearby, so bring a map in case this happens to you.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 November 2010

If you are checking in after 4pm you will need to go to an affiliated nearby hotel to ask for the room key. I was told this by email after I made my booking. I felt the affiliate hotel difficult to find (up the street, and tucked away in a piazza), but got there eventually. I had to drag my luggage, which I had also just walked with from the train station. There is also no lift inside the hotel, and my room was on level 2.

The room was basic, clean and comfortable, with a single bed, small tv, shower and wash basin. My shower was cold water only. Toilets were down the hall. The room had big windows which opened to let the air in. No problems, except there were some noisy guests in the hallways. Ordinarily this wouldn’t be a problem, but there were never any staff on site to keep an eye on things. I didn’t see any staff at all during my 1 night stay. When I checked out I left the key at the (unattended) reception desk as instructed.

The affiliate hotel had earlier told me when I checked in that I could call always the affiliate hotel if I needed anything further. This was also written on the notes left in the room. However, I would have liked the security of knowing there was a reception etc on site.

Good location, close enough to the train station, and I was able to walk everywhere around Florence.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2010

I was worried as I haven't stayed in a basic hotel before, but to save money we stayed here. I was very impressed with the cleanliness. It was also nice that as their wasn't a night person on, u just let yourself into the building, so it felt like u were renting a flat.

The only negative was that the road got quite busy with people walking along at about 2am so I'd take ear plugs! Also remember to push the button to turn the hot water on.

The location was great and I felt safe walking around by myself, it was only 5 mins to train station and into the main part of town.

I'd def stay there again!

We were

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 22 October 2010

One night stay with our 20 yr old daughter. Easy to find, a 5 minute walk from Santa Maria Novella train station. Basic room, clean & quiet. No one scheduled at front desk overnight in this small hotel, & no breakfast served. There are some noticeable odors at times from the bathroom as mentioned in previous reviews. Just kept the bathroom door shut to minimize the annoyance.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2010

We stayed for 4 nights at the Hotel Elite in early September 2010. We found it to be a great place to stay as it was cheap, clean and based in a really central location - extremely close to the train station and in easy walking distance for everything else we wanted to see and explore in Florence. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2010

We were in Florence for 3 nights and wanted an affordable place to stay near the train station (arrival and departure to/from Florence was by train, plus a day tour picked up at train station).

We found the Hotel Elite on Venere.com. The reviews were good, and so was the price, so we gave it a shot.

We arrived at 10:30am, which was well before check-in time. Nadia was very helpful in storing our bags. She also directed us to a nearby laundry service. We had reservations for the Uffizi Gallery at 1pm, and she was concerned that she would be gone before we returned (front desk closes at 4pm), so she gave us the key to the room even though it wasn't quite ready. This was very convenient in that we were able to get right in upon return, without having to check in a the sister hotel.

The room was very clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was clean, but it was a bit awkward using a wet room for the first time. The whole bathroom floor gets wet. We also had very little water pressure. For hot water, we basically had to use a cup to fill and pour over us. A recent review said something about a hot water switch, so maybe we were doing something wrong.

The only other issue we had was the noise from outside. It is a very busy street, so if you have a room with windows opening to Via Della Scalla, you will need earplugs to sleep.

We would definitely go back. Despite the minor problems, Nadia's friendliness and welcoming personality more than made up for any negatives we encountered.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank wseatraveler
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Room: The room was spacious, had a lounge chair, Tv and aircon. Huge bathroom, and disabled access. It was however on the 1st floor (upstairs with no lift) not sure how a disabled person would have gained access to the room.
Location: Great location near the railway station and walking distance to RED Tour Bus, The Duomo, Santa Croche and Piazza Republica. Great as a linkage point for us to do Pisa by train, Sienna and san giamnano by Bus and a coach/boat tour to cinque terra.
Facilities and Inclusions: Breakfast was available at the other sister hotel if you wanted for an extra price. In hindsight this might have been a good option as Florence was very tourism focused – they seemed to apply a sucker tax for tourists and hitting them with an extra charge. Really helpful staff at this hotel, offering suggestions on places to go and see and how to get there. Affiliated hotels are able to book any tour you would like. However must pay in Cash.
Other notes: Cant help praise the staff here, hot water switch for our room was in the foyer toilet area, and was switched off by accident, which left us with no hot water one night. We should have called the sister hotel as we were told if we needed anything at all. There is no permanent foyer operating here. You will be directed to the other hotel to check in through (sign on the door) and all is good they will be expecting you.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple