“Basic hotel. Very good location.”
Review of Hotel Elite

Hotel Elite
Ranked #277 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Obviously if you are looking for luxury then you have to pay for it and this place is not for you. If you want a nice and decent place to sleep then the Hotel Elite is right for you. The rooms are a little dated but clean and spacey. I have to rate them good because they met my expectation and they treated us very well during out short stay in Florence. Also the place can get a little loud on the weekends since there are a couple of bars in the block. So for those of you who are light sleepers the place may not be for you.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 July 2011

Friendly and helpful staff - spoke English - though not always on site, and check-in in some circumstances would be round the corner - this is stated in the hotel details. Quite a few steps and we didn't see a lift, but the staff were willing to help.

Room had air conditioning, it was clean and comfortable with fresh towels on request (when left on floor). Paid extra for the bathroom, though this was a wet room and not overly spacious - the shower was not great and water pressure varied - but glad to have the privacy.

Great location, easy access from train station and easy to find. Just a short walk (5-10 mins) to all major sites in Florence, central enough to get easy access to plenty of good restaurants. And the nearby Piazza provides a good place to spend an evening with a beer or ice cream.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Great location near the railway station and walking distance to the SENA Bus Station. Close to The Duomo, Santa Croche and Piazza Republica. Very helpful staff. Breakfast at a nearby hotel for Euros 5 each. Hotel very old with character. We were on the 2nd floor, our room overlooked the main street and it was a bit noisy at night. There was no shower screen in the shower recess. However, for a budget hotel in a major city it was OK.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2011

we were checked in by Nadia, possibly the nicest person who ever worked in a hotel. we left our bags and spent a couple of hours exploring the city - all main attractions walkable, but buses and trains are right nearby too. the hotel is sweet and quaint, our room had a lovely view. there was a shower and sink IN our room too, next to the bed. the toilet was outside and shared with other rooms on the floor. unfortunately the shower had practically no waterflow, so disappointing as everything else about the hotel was just charming. the hotel is linked with two others that offer breakfast for either 3 or 5 euro depending on the hotel, and if you miss the check in times you need to check into one of these other hotels which are nearby, so bring a map in case this happens to you.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2010

If you are checking in after 4pm you will need to go to an affiliated nearby hotel to ask for the room key. I was told this by email after I made my booking. I felt the affiliate hotel difficult to find (up the street, and tucked away in a piazza), but got there eventually. I had to drag my luggage, which I had also just walked with from the train station. There is also no lift inside the hotel, and my room was on level 2.

The room was basic, clean and comfortable, with a single bed, small tv, shower and wash basin. My shower was cold water only. Toilets were down the hall. The room had big windows which opened to let the air in. No problems, except there were some noisy guests in the hallways. Ordinarily this wouldn’t be a problem, but there were never any staff on site to keep an eye on things. I didn’t see any staff at all during my 1 night stay. When I checked out I left the key at the (unattended) reception desk as instructed.

The affiliate hotel had earlier told me when I checked in that I could call always the affiliate hotel if I needed anything further. This was also written on the notes left in the room. However, I would have liked the security of knowing there was a reception etc on site.

Good location, close enough to the train station, and I was able to walk everywhere around Florence.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2010

I was worried as I haven't stayed in a basic hotel before, but to save money we stayed here. I was very impressed with the cleanliness. It was also nice that as their wasn't a night person on, u just let yourself into the building, so it felt like u were renting a flat.

The only negative was that the road got quite busy with people walking along at about 2am so I'd take ear plugs! Also remember to push the button to turn the hot water on.

The location was great and I felt safe walking around by myself, it was only 5 mins to train station and into the main part of town.

I'd def stay there again!

We were

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 22 October 2010

One night stay with our 20 yr old daughter. Easy to find, a 5 minute walk from Santa Maria Novella train station. Basic room, clean & quiet. No one scheduled at front desk overnight in this small hotel, & no breakfast served. There are some noticeable odors at times from the bathroom as mentioned in previous reviews. Just kept the bathroom door shut to minimize the annoyance.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple