Hotel Europa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
San Firenze Suites & Spa(Florence)
US$473
Hotel Davanzati(Florence)
US$357
Travelocity
1,137 results
All reviewsmiriam and robertfamily run hotelquiet courtyardyogurtwithin walking distancesmall elevatorbell towerexcellent locationhome away from homeboiled eggsbusy streetbreakfast roomeach morningair conditionertriple roomvisiting florencefew minutes walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Quiet, lovely old building with a small elevator. Great location for all the sites in central Florence. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and everyone spoke English. Breakfast was included in the price. If driving, you will need GPS because the center of Florence is a restricted driving zone. The hotel has valet parking for a fee which is very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The service at Hotel Europa is what really stood out to me. The staff here are so friendly and accommodating that I would come back just to see everyone again.
We picked the balcony room which overlooks a small private garden. This turned out to be a mistake because the garden has a pond or something that is ground zero for some of the most aggressive and cunning mosquitos I've ever encountered. I can't fault Hotel Europa for this as the garden is not their property and they can't really do anything about it. I was stupid and failed to mention the problem to anyone, instead opting to kill upwards of 15 mosquitos each day in silence (I was used to Costa Rican accommodations, where mosquitos are everywhere all the time and there's nothing to be done about it). Of course once the staff found out about it they were mortified. They gave us a little plug in repeller to keep the mosquitos at bay and that worked. They were understandably mystified that I didn't say anything sooner and just let them figure it out Sherlock-style. I guess I am the suffer-in-silence type. But in any case this scenario is apparently not normal at all and is unique to that room. They also gave us a discount for our troubles which I thought was classy.
Otherwise everything was great. The room was modest but clean and comfortable. There was light breakfast each morning and fresh coffee, and the morning news in Italian. And again the staff were just so much fun to be around that the beds could be made of nails and I would go back.

Room Tip: Avoid the balcony rooms. They are exposed to a nearby private garden that is apparently a nexus for highly aggressive Tiger Mosquitos.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Robert and Miriam run this hotel and are fantastic. Both are very knowledgeable as well as english speaking. The rooms are nice and well kept.You rarely hear another person from the rooms. They are in close proximity to all the best sites. As others have commented, the smell on the first floor and stairwell is not pleasant but once you go into the actual hotel, it disappears. This is minor for what you get. They are a joy and you would not be sorry to stay here! Dennis B.

Room Tip: We switched rooms midway in our stay and highly recommend both the Superior room and superior room with private balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I stayed at the Europa in Florence for a week. It was perfect! Miriam and Robert were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Their staff was hardworking and accomodating. The hotel offered every thing I needed, and my room was as charming as the view from its window. Its location near the center of the city made it possible for us to walk everywhere we wanted to go. I would stay there again, and I will recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Europa in early spring with my family. We had four rooms all together. For most of us, it was our first time traveling to another country. But despite being thousands of miles away from home, Miriam and Robert made us feel at home. Every morning Miriam was up working on breakfast for everyone, making espressos, and giving smiles. In the evening, Robert would help us make reservations at the best restaurants in town. They also helped us with things like buying tickets to museums, arranging for transportation, and even laundry.

The hotel was exactly what we wanted! It was central to just about everything in Florence, it was clean and well taken care of, the staff genuinely cared about the guests, and it was very affordable. I absolutely would stay at Hotel Europa again.

Room Tip: Nothing specific, but you might want to request a room that's away from the main doorways that let you into each floor -- but that applies to all hotels (generally a room farthest away from the elevators is going to be the quietest because of the least amount of foot traffic).
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family