“Great Homebase for Florence”
Review of Hotel Europa

Hotel Europa
Ranked #67 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I am sure that you can find more luxurious accommodations while in Florence, but I don't think you can find a better place for the money. I loved this hotel. The price is right and the location is great. I stayed in a room with a little balcony and view of the Duomo--just the top of it, but still, quite lovely. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts are nice and I enjoyed taking my coffee and breakfast selections back to my balcony and enjoying the peace and quiet. The location of Hotel Europa is perfect. You are right down the street from the Duomo and from there everything is easy to find and within walking distance. I won't think twice about where I will stay next time I am fortunate enough to visit Florence. It's a no brainer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Thanks trip advisor for another accurate reflection.
Hotel Europa is family run - Miriam was amazing - recommended a variety of restaurants which we agree - did serve delicious food. Our room was a double with balcony and view of the duomo. I got a bit disappointed when i found our double bed was 2 king singles pushed together. Free wifi. Tv available. No kettle/coffee/tea facilities. Breakfast was great for 2 mornings - you may find that you'd like variety if you stayed >4nights.
I liked that the hotel was hidden on level 2. The elevator was old but kind of cute. Statue of David was only 5-10min walk away. Duomo was much the same. I definitely wasn't wishing I was staying in another location.
I would easily stay here again. Great value for money and I loved the fact we were supporting such an old family business.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We followed Rick Steve's recommendation and stayed in Hotel Europa in Florence. The location to all the major attractions is walking distance from the hotel. This is a family run hotel and everyone was very helpful with directions and such. They serve a light (but delicious) breakfast in a sunny upstairs room. Our room on the first floor was very clean and nice sized and looked out onto a courtyard area. The owner of the establishment was kind enough to forward a birthday card back to the US when it did not arrive at the hotel in time for my birthday. I appreciated their effort. My husband and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We spent 4 nights and had a wonderful time. Convenient location, walked everywhere, except to and from airport/train station. Very clean. While having breakfast, met many of the other guests, several who have stayed there numerous times. Wonderful having free wifi. Would stay there again!

Room Tip: Talk with the owners and tell them your needs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Toni H
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We stayed in the delux suite with it's very high, reniassance mural painted ceilings and large, ornate windows. This suite is huge and unique, we're still talking about it even weeks after our stay! The location of the hotel is very good, we walked to the Ufizzi and Acedamia with ease.

Miriam and Robert were wonderful, you simply can not ask for better service. They went above andd beyond to make us feel welcome and comfortable. They both spent time on the phone with Alitalia, fighting on my behalf to recover a lost bag. They were the absolute best.

Room Tip: You HAVE to stay in the deluxe suite, it's so unique!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Matthew A
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This is a nice, adequate hotel to stay in.
If you are looking for a comfortable, clean room with LOVELY people running it then this is for you.
The location is fantastic. Minutes to everything.
Rooms are spacious.
Breakfast is ok.
WiFi works intermittently.
Decor etc is on the tired side but if that's not a problem for you then you're on a winner.
I thought it was a bit expensive for what you got but it's probably the location that sets the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Great location, large and clean room, nice breakfast, and friendly, helpful owners... this hotel fires on all cylinders. They recommended the local ZaZa restaurant for dinner, which was also nice. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brad R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Hotel dei Macchiaioli
Hotel Davanzati
#12 of 410 in Florence
Hotel Europa Signa
#4 of 4 in Signa

Been to Hotel Europa? Share your experiences!