“Great Florence Hotel”
Review of Hotel Europa

Hotel Europa
Ranked #97 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is a quaint hotel centrally located. Just a few minutes walk to all of the major attractions. Miriam and Robert are wonderful proprietors. Breakfast is fresh and plentiful. Old world charm. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The staff/owners were very friendly and helpful! Our room was great with a view of the Duomo! The breakfast was excellent with a variety of choices and the rooms were air-conditioned (a must in the month of July!). I would've given it a 5 rating if it weren't for our room not getting hot water in the evenings....had to take cold shower one night; the next night they did allow us to use a vacant room to shower in. They were very apologetic though and did give us a discount for our discomfort. We had an excellent referral to this wonderful restaurant, ZaZa's.....we ate there every night! I highly recommend this hotel (and the restaurant!). You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

And it could not have been better. 1.5 blocks from the Dome, sleeping in a building once owned by the Medici family. Great food, great company. Cooking classes, tours, the Market, safe and clean streets. Wow.
Robert and Miriam played a large part in making us feel welcome. Miriam helped in arranging tours, Robert in culinary suggestions. But being able to talk to someone interested in our travels at breakfast, or when we came in at night...the innkeepers made the Inn.
If you are looking for the Four Seasons, keep clicking. Clean rooms, breakfast and smiling faces in the morning, awesome location. I'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

MIRIAM and her staff make your stay in down town FLorence a bliss. A small walk from the train station. A quiet oasi after a long day in the city of art. Good breackfast, hot shower, air conditioning, a refrigeretor in the room. The feeling of being in the time ofthe Medici Florence by the view from window. I am coming back from my fifth year. I sent here my Canedian friends, my A merican friends, all have had perfect stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the family suite , you will feel like the renaissance!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stayed one night in July, 2013, excellent. Family of 4 had the deluxe family room/suite, very spacious. Historic feel and style of room was great. Bathroom was fine. Only complaints are televisions a bit small and A/C was a bit wimpy, but that was true everywhere we stayed in Italy. Breakfast was very good.

Location was outstanding. Two blocks to Duomo, we walked all over, to Ponte Vecchio and Uffizi and so on.

We drove to the hotel and had a bit of trouble with their directions, but found it. It's hard to spot driving down the road. Arrangement with local garage worked well. Also the lobby is on what Americans refer to as the 3rd floor and Europeans call the 2nd. Caused a bit of confusion initially. We were able to check out in the morning and leave our stuff in a safe place while we went out to sight see and that worked great as well.

Would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank H P
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I am sure that you can find more luxurious accommodations while in Florence, but I don't think you can find a better place for the money. I loved this hotel. The price is right and the location is great. I stayed in a room with a little balcony and view of the Duomo--just the top of it, but still, quite lovely. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts are nice and I enjoyed taking my coffee and breakfast selections back to my balcony and enjoying the peace and quiet. The location of Hotel Europa is perfect. You are right down the street from the Duomo and from there everything is easy to find and within walking distance. I won't think twice about where I will stay next time I am fortunate enough to visit Florence. It's a no brainer.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Thanks trip advisor for another accurate reflection.
Hotel Europa is family run - Miriam was amazing - recommended a variety of restaurants which we agree - did serve delicious food. Our room was a double with balcony and view of the duomo. I got a bit disappointed when i found our double bed was 2 king singles pushed together. Free wifi. Tv available. No kettle/coffee/tea facilities. Breakfast was great for 2 mornings - you may find that you'd like variety if you stayed >4nights.
I liked that the hotel was hidden on level 2. The elevator was old but kind of cute. Statue of David was only 5-10min walk away. Duomo was much the same. I definitely wasn't wishing I was staying in another location.
I would easily stay here again. Great value for money and I loved the fact we were supporting such an old family business.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple