“Special Beyond Words!”
Review of Hotel Europa

Hotel Europa
Ranked #51 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Hotel Europa, with the gracious hosts, Miriam and Roberto--and Miriam's mother Maria--made my first trip to Florence truly unforgettable. In my travel experience, it is rare that a hotel has provided such a wonderful set of memories--but the Hotel Europa certainly did. I only stayed three nights, but during my visit Miriam, Roberto, and Maria treated me as family. I booked with the Hotel Europa because I wanted an authentic European experience--I certainly had that and will return to the Hotel Europa the next time I visit Florence.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Europa

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The perfect location in Florence. Just about two blocks from the Duomo. Hotel is part of a palace once owned by composer and pianist Franz Liszt in the 1840s and across the street from the Medici palace on Via Cavour. It's nothing fancy, and that's what I like about it ... especially the antique Otis elevator to take you the hotel's main desk.

The rooms are terrific; beds are comfortable; and bathrooms acceptable. Just keep in mind that you're staying in a building that's hundreds of years old, and that more than makes up for the standup shower and the AC that takes a while to cool off the room. It's Florence, for God's sake ... You're in the city where everything we know as modern in the West today began! Count yourself blessed!!

Everyone here is very nice and works hard to please their guests. Th only suggestion I would have for improvement regards the breakfast. It's a little sparse and a little too store-bought for my tastes, but it's only a minor quibble.

Book here without any hesitation and prepare for a great visit.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jla3bc
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This was our first trip to Italy. This hotel is in a wonderful location just steps from the Duomo, markets, and Academia and yet is is not a crowded street. A bonus was that the TI is right across the street. Robert and Miriam are the lovely proprietors of this long time family run hotel. They were kind enough to make museum reservations before our arrival and gave us great recommendations for places to eat as well. Although the hotel could use a bit of updating, it had everything we needed and the price was very reasonable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We´ve been 2 nights in Hotel Europa in Florence las July. The first at all: it´s a 2 stars hotel. Knowing this, I have to say that it´s a very good hotel: comfortable, clean and very well located, because it´s very close to the Duomo in one side, very close to the Academia in the other side. The owners are very nice, helpful and polite people. I advice this hotel even though I think that it´s a little expensive for being a 2 stars hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Hotel Europa is located ideally near the Accademia and the Duomo and walking distance to most of the sites tourists want to visit. The staff is warm and very helpful. Breakfast is generous. Our room was very quiet and reasonably comfortable.

Unfortunately, when we stayed, the entry way into the building had an unpleasant odor. Our room was large, but oddly laid out. The main bathroom light was on a 2 minute timer and the sensor was aimed across the entrance and did not take in the toilet or shower areas of the room. This naturally was surprising initially and fortunately, there was another light one can put on.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is a nice hotel in a great location. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go.
The staff was very helpful and it was nice to have breakfast included. When we arrived in Florence, it was the middle of our 2 1/2 vacation so we were in need of a laundromat. The hotel made arrangements for our laundry to be picked and washed so we did not have to sit at a laundromat for a few hours. That was a wonderful perk that was worth the extra price we payed to have it done that way. We stayed for one night on the top floor room. It was a beautiful big room but the only downfall was that the wifi did not work up there. Not a huge problem but my husband had to do some work so he just walked downstairs and did some work in the lobby. If we ever make it back to Florence we wouldn't think twice about staying there again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rachdjames
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is a quaint hotel centrally located. Just a few minutes walk to all of the major attractions. Miriam and Robert are wonderful proprietors. Breakfast is fresh and plentiful. Old world charm. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Hotel dei Macchiaioli
Hotel Spadai
#6 of 411 in Florence
Hotel Europa Signa
#4 of 4 in Signa

Been to Hotel Europa? Share your experiences!