Hotel Europa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
San Firenze Suites & Spa(Florence)
US$473
Hotel Davanzati(Florence)
US$357
Travelocity
1,137 results
All reviewsmiriam and robertfamily run hotelquiet courtyardyogurtwithin walking distancesmall elevatorbell towerexcellent locationhome away from homeboiled eggsbusy streetbreakfast roomeach morningair conditionertriple roomvisiting florencefew minutes walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We traveled to Florence to visit our son while he was studying abroad. We booked Hotel Europa mainly because the staff spoke English, but now that we have stayed there, I highly recommend this hotel because of Robert and Miriam, the owners. They made our stay so much more enjoyable because they were very helpful, with everything from making reservations for us for tourist sites to visitor suggestions. They even offered help if our son ever needed it while he was studying in Florence. The hotel is near the center of Florence and convenient to everything.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2013

In Florence, we stayed at the Hotel Europa on Via Cavour, located walking distance between San Marco Plaza / Academmia with statue of David to the north, and the Duomo and Uffizi museum to the south. We boarded a 4’ by 4’ old cage elevator (two passengers and two suitcases can just squeeze in) to reception on the second floor, where we met the owner, Miriam. She and her husband Robert are the most pleasant of hosts, fluent in several languages, informative regarding the city sights, and ensuring our stay in Florence would be one to remember. Our room was small but adequate, with a window opening to a courtyard and a view of the Basilica Dome, and set back away from the traffic noise of the busy street. Breakfast is included and provided by Miriam and two assistants, with delicious coffee brewed from an espresso machine. It was Miriam who insisted that we make time to walk past the Uffizi and across the river bridge to the Michelangelo Plaza, a high point with a beautiful view of the entire Florence skyline. Our stay WAS one to remember.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2009Benjamin
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Our flight arrived pretty late and Miriam was so nice about waiting around for us. She even showed us around our room and show us sites on a map. Her and her charming hotel helped make our trip to Florence wonderful. Our room was huge and our private balcony had a grand view of the garden courtyard and the duomo. We spent most of our time in on room on the homey balcony. The hotel is just a couple blocks from el duomo, but it is pretty easy to walk to everything anyway since Florence is a pretty small city. The breakfast is complimentary, the espresso was clutch for all of the serious site-seeing. I will stay here on my next trip to Florence.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Located close to central train station and short walk to all major historic sites. Extremely helpful and courteous staff provide a great breakfast spread. Rooms were ample and the A/C worked flawlessly. Best restaurant, Firenze Barbeque and Bar, just across the street serves a fantastic array of Mediterranean dishes as well as an impressive list of health drinks. Quaint but tiny elevator helps to get luggage to your floor. Loved our stay and recommend it highly.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed at the Europa for 3 nights in October 2013, whilst on a business trip. I was so pleased and lucky to stay at the hotel. The Europa is located right in the centre of the city, but I didn't here any street noise from my spotless, spacious and well appointed room. I had a double with an inward looking courtyard balcony. The balcony was a great little place to sit and drink coffee in the morning, surrounded by wonderful pot plants, citrus fruit and pepper plants. Breakfast is excellent and the staff, Robert (Roberto) and Miriam do their utmost to make you feel welcome and at home. I can honestly say that this hotel is the best 2* hotel I have ever stayed in. I often stay in 3* & 4* hotels in major cities that don't come close to the level of service you receive at the Europa. I will be re-visiting Florence in the spring with my wife and 4 kids, and I will look no further than this hotel. Book with confidence.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business