“My favourite”

Ranked #44 of 411 Hotels in Florence
London UK
“My favourite”
Reviewed 5 January 2009

I stayed with my family at Hotel Europa last October whilst visiting Italy. My mother had stayed here before and wanted to come back.
She was right- this was a wonderful hotel :)
Miriam and Gasim were SO nice, nothing was ever too much trouble for them and they always had a smile on their faces.
I felt really welcome there.
On one occasion, my father and I were chatting to Miriam and it stuck in my mind how lovely she was!!
The hotel rooms were beautiful - just as good as some of the museums that you pay to visit, yet I had it all in my own hotel room.
IThe Europa is conveniently located; walking distance from the main attractions and five minutes from the duomo.

I would strongly reccommend staying at this hotel and I will certainly stay there again when I next visit Florence.

Ally aged 15

• Liked — The Hotel Owners
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank AteenagerfromEngland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Ada, Ohio
Reviewed 5 January 2009

This is a small family run hotel with a superb location. It may have the friendliest staff in Europe! I stayed there over Christmas vacation with my thirteen year old son and it was the perfect choice. The hotel is just steps away from the Duomo and close to all the major sites. While the rooms are a little spartan they are comfortable and clean. Our room had a great terrace with a view of the Duomo.

• Liked — The staff and the location
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank kdh1716
Scotland
Reviewed 26 December 2008

This was a fantastic hotel! The location COULD NOT have been any better - everything was in walking distance and for a "first-timer" to Florence it made my trip flawless.

The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and were excellent at providing a great level of service and helpful advice.

I fell in love with Florence and my short stay left me hungry for more!

I would highly recommend this hotel for its prime location, clean, comfortable rooms and extremely pleasant owners and staff.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kirkmali
Sydney
Reviewed 9 December 2008

This hotel was perfect for our short stay in Florence, the staff at the hotel were very friendly, and nothing was a problem when it came to helping us. The hotel is in a fantastic location, within walking distance to everything. My first impressions were not great (very small lift to get up to lobby) but was not dissapointed from the time we arrived - everything else was great. Clean & large rooms & great breakfast was included.
Cant beat it for the price!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The entry
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nene506
California
Reviewed 5 December 2008

Great hotel in a fabulous location. No need for rental car -- Duomo is at end of street and Uffizi is 15 minute walk.

Gassim, Maria, Miriam and Robert went above and beyond, caring for me when I became ill and treating my daughter and me as family. On top of serving the best cappucino in Florence, they also provide a simple, but adequate breakfast in a very cute breakfast room. Expect great concierge service to meet your needs; warm, friendly smiles; and a genuine caring attitude.

The renovated rooms are cozy -- make sure you request a renovated room! The new mattresses are comfortable. The bathrooms are small, but meet the needs. Flat screen tvs broadcast three English-speaking news channels, in addition to Italian and French broadcasts. Everything is spotless and cleaned daily.

The elevator is typically European, small and awkward -- tho it meets the needs. We tended to use the stairs.

Bottom line, staying here is like staying with family with all the benefits and none of the hassles. And the price couldn't be beat!
I would absolutely stay here again.

Thanks Gasim, Maria, Miriam and Robert!!

• Liked — Gasim, Maria, Robert and Miriam -- the hotel owners
  • Stayed November 2008
3 Thank BlueDevilCA
chantilly virginia
Reviewed 28 November 2008

It is the best experience I have had so far. Hotel Europa, is truly breath taking, It was like you were staying at an ancient Castle. The Hotel, is close to everything and central to all of the Museums and the night life. We saved a lot on transportation, because, everything is accessable by foot. The family that owns it, treats everyone like a long lost family member, and they truly do everything to accomodate and look after you.
I will miss Maria, Qassim and Miriam and Robert!
I am going back, I can`t wait!

• Liked — The location and the staff
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank freebird07
Tampa, Fl
Reviewed 17 November 2008

Great location, friendly atmosphere and friendly owners. Family operated and they are very very friendly and helpful.
Elevator difficult, and entrance is on level one, and you have to find elevator to go to 3rd level to check in.
Rooms were clean, but the air conditioning was turned off, so we tried to open windows at night and were attacked by mosquitos! It was unseasonably warm for this time of year, but it was a problem.
There is no parking, even unloading luggage is difficult. the parking was very expensive, as we had a van and had to pay for extra space for 3 days. We were not given the cost ahead, as it was private parking.
Breakfast was simple with hard cooked eggs, crescents and cereal. The usual coffees and drinks.
The owners friendliness make for a nice place to stay. Great recommendations for meals! Probably the best food of our trip!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — mosquitos
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple