“Great location”

Ranked #57 of 412 Hotels in Florence
Dublin, Ireland
“Great location”
Reviewed 11 February 2009

I stayed in this hotel during a business trip last July, and was impressed with the hotel's neatness and very good central location in Firenze. We got a tip for a nearby restaurant, and were very impressed with the level of English that the front desk staff member had. Rooms were very neat, and clean.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Detroit, MI
Reviewed 29 January 2009

The Hotel Europa is located in the center of Firenze, close to most of the attractions that we visited. The hotel is clean and neat, maintained by a staff that is courteous and friendly. They helped us with our e-mail needs at an inexpensive price. Miriam and Robert were always available to help with directions or anything else that we wanted during our stay in Firenze.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Detroit_MIOlderman
San Pedro, CA
Reviewed 25 January 2009

I cannot think of enough good things to say about the hospitality displayed by the hotel staff, especially Gassim. From the moment we first walked into Hotel Europa, we were greeted by Gassim's wonderful smile. Gassim took the time out to learn each of our names, which is a nice personal touch you can't find at just any hotel!! You can tell that he takes pride in his job, and that the rest of his family does as well...they were all so friendly and accommodating! Rooms were clean and nice for a two-star hotel. Breakfast was good, and Gassim's cappucinos were excellent! We looked forward to them each morning. The hotel location was right in the center of town, with the Duomo less than 5 minutes from the hotel and the train station about 10 minutes away. We ventured overnight to Paris, and Gassim let us store the bulk of our luggage in our room, free of charge! This was unexpected and we were grateful for him letting us do so. I would recommend this hotel to travelers and would stay here again.

• Liked — Location, Hospitality
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank amyc82
Perryville, Maryland
Reviewed 17 January 2009

My husband and I , with our daughter and 2 granddaughters (ages 3 and 5) spent 3 nights/4 days in Florence. Hotel Europa is located just 2 blocks from Il Duomo, and within walking distance of most attractions. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathrooms were recently remodeled and had all modern amenities. The antique elevator gave us pause, but worked as well as more modern ones. Miriam (owner/host) was charming and helpful, and spoke English! Hotel Europa offers breakfast (juice, rolls, ham, croissant, cereal and yogurt) and coffee/cappucino. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and hope to be able to visit again!

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank ktsmommablue
London UK
Reviewed 5 January 2009

I stayed with my family at Hotel Europa last October whilst visiting Italy. My mother had stayed here before and wanted to come back.
She was right- this was a wonderful hotel :)
Miriam and Gasim were SO nice, nothing was ever too much trouble for them and they always had a smile on their faces.
I felt really welcome there.
On one occasion, my father and I were chatting to Miriam and it stuck in my mind how lovely she was!!
The hotel rooms were beautiful - just as good as some of the museums that you pay to visit, yet I had it all in my own hotel room.
IThe Europa is conveniently located; walking distance from the main attractions and five minutes from the duomo.

I would strongly reccommend staying at this hotel and I will certainly stay there again when I next visit Florence.

Ally aged 15

• Liked — The Hotel Owners
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank AteenagerfromEngland
Ada, Ohio
Reviewed 5 January 2009

This is a small family run hotel with a superb location. It may have the friendliest staff in Europe! I stayed there over Christmas vacation with my thirteen year old son and it was the perfect choice. The hotel is just steps away from the Duomo and close to all the major sites. While the rooms are a little spartan they are comfortable and clean. Our room had a great terrace with a view of the Duomo.

• Liked — The staff and the location
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank kdh1716
Scotland
Reviewed 26 December 2008

This was a fantastic hotel! The location COULD NOT have been any better - everything was in walking distance and for a "first-timer" to Florence it made my trip flawless.

The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and were excellent at providing a great level of service and helpful advice.

I fell in love with Florence and my short stay left me hungry for more!

I would highly recommend this hotel for its prime location, clean, comfortable rooms and extremely pleasant owners and staff.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends