We stayed at this hotel for a 4 night break. It is a fantastic family run hotel and the owners and staff were always friendly and helpful throughout. We stayed in the room with the balcony (Room 47) which is what I have based this review on. We booked it at a discount directly online with the hotel and found this was cheaper than using other online booking websites.
The room was far better than many 3 star hotels we've stayed in:
* Huge bed, lots of space in the room
* Large balcony with table/seating
* Free mini-safe, large widescreen TV (BBC World, Sky News and CNN were the English channels on offer) and a good size fridge.
* Fast free WIFI available in the room (ask at reception) - in this room, the signal was never a problem as there is a WIFI access point just outside the room
* Bathroom - good size with a great shower, heated towel rail & hairdryer.
* Very clean - room was cleaned daily with everything being spotlessly clean.
* Quiet - being at the back of the hotel, the room was very quiet at night (other than the bells of the Duomo in the morning (!), but you'll get that anywhere central)
Location of the hotel - cannot be beaten, central to everything. Florence is a compact city made for walking and it is very safe walking around - about 10 mins walk from the station too. Lots of restaurants and coffeeshops on streets around the hotel too.
Negatives - minor points which prevent me giving it 5 stars are: the breakfast is very limited and would be better if it ended at 10am instead of 9.30am (for those who like to lie in a bit more on holiday!). Also the bed is really very firm - you get used to it and not overly uncomfortable, but if you don't like firm beds it could be a problem. It would also really top the room off if it offered in-room tea/coffee making facilities, but you can get a coffee at reception anyway.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Florence and don't think we could have picked a better place, wouldn't hesitate in recommending.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel & Suites Europa located in the historical centre of Florence, is just a few steps away from the Cathedral of the Duomo, the railway station S.M. Novella and the Academy Gallery with the David of Michelangelo. Family managed, it has been recently renovated and offers its guests standard and suite rooms, most of them with a splendid view of Brunelleschi's Dome and Giotto's Bell Tower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Europa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Europa Hotel Florence