“Not horrible, but I would not stay more then a night”
Review of Auto Park Hotel

Auto Park Hotel
Ranked #372 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed here for a night when I visited Florence, and I am glad that was it. It was nothing great but it was okay. The main problem was that the shower leaked onto the floor of the bathroom. It was also a good ways from the centre of town, and there was no easy way to get in. But, the staff was nice. And it was clean.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jl747-13

Reviewed 16 November 2011

This is a best hotel in town to avoid. Seriously... everything about this hotel was budget sized (though somewhere I had read it is a 3 star). Begining from the elevator just spacious enough for 2 that too cheek to cheek. The rooms were cramped up; but the bathroom was a hit (left you turn the shower hits you, right you turn the taps hit you). The flooring was cold and freezing - no carpeting. Food and oh! the food seemed like the chef had not slept in the night - dished out something something. One day dinner was served without any plates and spoons.

Somethings in life are best avoided - This is one of them.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rajesh G
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Wow what a hotel. An experience totally unforgettable. The rooms were smelly, insects everywhere, cold floor, cramped up room and small bathrooms. The food was terrible and the lift was outstanding in the literal sense - didnt know whether we were standing inside the lift or outside the lifet. Hopeless place cannot imagine there are such hotels abroad. A lifetime experience

Valencia G

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank valenciagujjar
Reviewed 25 September 2011

The hotel is situated at 15 minutes by bus from the city center. The hotel is very clean and has nice. generous lobby and great staff. Room are clean and nice tv with balcony, and has also it's own parking. Free Wi-fi.

Room Tip: Ask for a street view
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maniac_the_evil
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Here we go again, 49th country/hotel in the past twelve months.
I booked into this hotel for three nights as I was meeting a large group that were staying there for a couple of nights. I had no choice and after reading the reviews I feared the worse.

Arrived shortly after lunch and had to wait 20 mins for my room to be ready (no big deal). I had booked a double room simply because I wanted to ensure I had a double bed which is what I got. The advantage with a double room is it is more spacious and it has a bath, a shower and a fridge (although the fridge is more of a cooler) although most of the rooms do not have a fridge or a bath.

When I checked into the room I immediately thought I was in a different hotel from the one described in the preceding reviews. My room was clean and spacious and it was the one in the photo. Whilst it was in a poor state of decor I have been in much, much worse. As at the time of my arrival most of the rooms (across all six floors) were open (big change over) I did a quick rekey (nose around) to look at the state of the other rooms. It is fare to say that some of the single rooms were in a sorry state but again this was simply poor decor and well faded over time but again, I have seen worse.

The bites/insects: yes I got bitten until I sprayed myself with mosquito repellent after that no problem (this is old town Florence surrounded by trees and vegetation so expect the insects).

Ok, following in my time honoured tradition, questions and answers/hotels hype and reality:

In House Bar: yes but rarely open

Pets Allowed: apparently yes from all nations:

TV In Room: yes (Italian channels only).

Data Ports: No.

Air Conditioning: yes but only turned on mid afternoon and is the old fashioned style of vents with a fan control but it will keep the room cool.

Room Service: did not put it to the test.

24-hour front desk: yes.

Air-conditioned public areas: yes.

Airport transportation (surcharge): yes but also known as a taxi.

Audio-visual equipment - Banquet facilities: not seen/required.

Bar/lounge: exists but hardly ever open.

Complimentary breakfast: yes (as in, it is included in the price if you pay for it but, strictly continental).

Computer rental - Concierge services: probably but not tried for it (who rents a computer whilst away now a days).

Dry cleaning/laundry service: There is a washing machine and tumble dryer (only one of each).

Elevator/lift: there are two and they are small (this is in keeping with the style and age of the hotel (seriously though, you are not living in the lift are you?)

Fireplace in lobby: about as relevant as having a light on the ceiling or a door into your hotel room.

Complimentary internet access in public areas - high speed: yes although some may have to adjust their laptop/phone sub menus to make it work. Mail me if you need help on this one (good speed).

Multilingual staff: yes

Parking (free)/Parking (secure): yes.

Additional info (not cited): good size supermarket next to hotel. Very good Pizzeria, pharmacy, ATM, five mins walk away.

Bus service is good and cheap and if you want to go to Pisa for the day it is 50 mins away by train and will cost you around 5 Euros each way.

Summary: This is an old style hotel and the rooms could certainly do with a makeover and are very basic. I did witness some rooms (single/twin occupation) that I concur from other reviewers that are not really that good but one wonders if the previous reviewers asked for a better room as they are available/do exist.

Is it worthy of a "3 star"? No, closer to 2 stars.

Is it value for money? No. I paid 63 Euros a night (bearing in mind this was for a double room which is the price for two people) and I felt that this was expensive in relation to other hotels in the area which may cost a little extra but are certainly of a much better standard.

This particular hotel makes it's living with the big organised tours/big groups of American, Dutch etc tourists and they quite simply farm them in and farm them out. It lacks atmosphere because it does not need any for the average group tours.

Would I stay there again? If I had to yes but, I cannot foresee a time when I will have too so, thankfully, no.

One reviewer commented on the photos given a false impression and I am not sure that this is as warranted with such severity. Simply put, if you look around the hotel you will see the views that are in the picture as they do exist however, given the right angle and lighting any of us can look beautiful or handsome.

Noise???

The walls are thin and if you are on floors one to five, you will hear everything from upstairs (footsteps, chairs being dragged etc) although the most annoying thing for me was two "yapping dogs" outside the hotel that never ever stopped 24/7.

Best tip for getting the best room at this hotel: request sixth floor, double bed with a bath.

As always, if I have left anything out or you need a bit more info regarding Florence in general then, drop me a line and I will try to help.

For the record, I am not an employee of the hotel; I live in England however I have spent many years living in Italy and therefore, am in a position to comment on hotel accommodation by Italian standards.

Have fun.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank Fredo80
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Worse place on earth !!! I am not a picky traveler. I can adjust if I am on a budget, and considering the 3 stars rating I gave it a chance. I arrived to the Auto park with so much difficulty. This place is in the outter part of Florence. Far away. I walked into the hotel, and unfortunately this was a pre paid from Hotwire, so I gave it a chance. The first thing that I noticed was the strong smoke smell, and mold smell. The place was falling apart.None of the pictures posted on their website represent the hotel. False advertizing. The couches on the lobby area have corporal stains, including blood. The elevator barely fits one person, and it is super old, in bad condition, smells and makes you feel like you are in jail. The reviews are not exageerating. The people that make a decent comment about this hotel, must be the employees or someone related. Nobody in their right mind believes this is a good deal. I refused to stay. The rooms have all kinds of crawling creatures. I took pictures of them, and forget about the bed. Can you say bed bugs? My daughter and I got stung and bitten by some of the insects there. I am posting pictures of it. Hotwire will be refunding my money and hopefully will never represent this dump again. NO company should advertize this hotel. NONE. No priceline, expedia, hotwire. They are cons. They post wrong pictures and the hotel is just disgusting. Dirty, falling apart, unsanitary conditions. My son has asthma and couldnt breath due to the mold.
I am reporting this hotel to the health department authorities. This place should close down and does not deserve a 1 star.

Worse experience of my entire life

I wouldn't let an animal sleep there.
Worse are of town and far from everything. Stay here and you will get robbed or killed.

FREE INTERNET DOWNSTAIRS ONLY. STAINS OF BLOOD ON COUCHES.

Rip off

Room Tip: I rather sleep in the car.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Wbbwifey
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I read the reviews before I left for my trip to Italy and was pretty weary because this hotel was booked through a tour company as part of a package I paid for. I stayed here two nights. The only good thing I have to say about this place is that they provided soap, and you will never lose the key because it's attached to a metal club.
The negatives; small dingy rooms that need a paint job. The bathroom is very small, although recently remodeled, the shower is so small it's impossible to not get water all over the floor, which explains why the area behind my bathroom door was dirty when we checked in. The walls are thin, the internet didn't work the first night I was there, and when I asked if it would be fixed, I got a response of 'maybe'. I decided since it works tonight I'd leave a nice review for them and maybe they'll clean up their hotel. The breakfast was 'ok' at best. The gate to enter the place looks like a concentration camp, and that alone is scary enough to not want to stay here. I'd try somewhere else. We could hear every footstep the people above us made, and the people next door might as well have been in the room because I could hear every conversation.
I'm not used to staying in fancy places, but I do expect clean and some level of comfort. If you too are looking for these things, you might want to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends