“worst hotel i've stayed in”
Review of Auto Park Hotel

Auto Park Hotel
Ranked #376 of 412 Hotels in Florence
sydney
“worst hotel i've stayed in”
Reviewed 29 August 2007

I have just come back from a tour around Europe and this was the worst hotel I stayed in. There were bugs in the room and I had bites on me after staying there one night I ended up staying in another room which wasn't much better. I bathroom was filthy and the toilet was in the middle of the shower. I ended up putting one of the twoels on the floor and standing on it

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — lack of cleaniness
  • Stayed June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank smileySydney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 August 2007

I stayed here on a tour. That being said, we did not explore much of this hotel except our rooms and bathrooms. Stains on the bed, small bathroom with odd shower. It says there it is part of an old villa-- I did not know that at the time and would not have known it. Stay elsewhere.

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank looloobarnes

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

San Juan
Reviewed 6 June 2006

We just arrived to Florence by train and had to pay 20 euros (taxi) to reach this ugly place, besides that no one knows about it. . The zero stars place is about 50 years old without any renovation. The front desk staff know about the conditions of the rooms, but will not tell you. We got a 3 bed room. First everything was old, smelly and dirty. Bed sheets where new at least. I hope we have not taken any fungi from the bathtub. We had reservations for 3 nights, that we immediatelly cancelled. The hotel in located in a residential area without any attraction. Even for one night is not acceptable, but we had to stay because the reservation policy. It tooked 30 minutes to go back to downtown using bus number 22. I will not even pay a penny for this place and cost us 137€ , about US$200 for this nasty experiece. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS PLACE, spend a little more and stay in another place. You will save in your health, vaction time, and enjoyment. If you are going to Florence, you have the money to stay in a good place. Do not be a cheapskate.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank WorldTravel1
Toronto
Reviewed 23 September 2005

I recently came back from a 3 week tour of the Mediterranean and this was one stop on our tour I will not forget. I am not a picky person and when traveling Europe I expect no frills. However, this so called 3 star hotel should be avoided. The hotel is situated outside of the core of Florence in a remote neighbourhood. The hotel is gated by a 12 foot high fence with 4" spikes nestled on top. The shower consists of a nozzle, toilet, curtain and floor drain. There is no berm or physical wall to keep the shower water in the shower. After every shower the bathroom is flooded. This layout was consistent with all rooms in this hotel (as witnessed in other tour members rooms). And yes... I said toilet!! The toilet is literally in the shower and impossible to keep dry if showering.

The location is less than desirable, however a bus stop beside the hotel will take you into the core of Florence (until 11pm). The only positive was the grocery store beside the hotel, which is stocked with excellent wine, meats and cheeses. When taking into account the money spent on buses and taxis you would be better off staying closer to the downtown area in a more expensive hotel.

• Stayed August 2005
5 Thank mitchellja
chicago
Reviewed 6 August 2005

The Hotel Autopark is not in an industrial area. It is in the middle of a suburb. Make sure you take your confirmation info with rates on it. Otherwise, you will be charged the curernt rate. We were there during the Fashion show season. The rate on the room was over double what was on my confirmation sheet. Since I had my sheet we did not pay the unbelievable rate of 300 euros per night. Arrive during the day when the manager is there. He does speak English and understands the confirmation sheet with your rate.

There is a grocery store behind the hotel. Buy whatever you need there. Otherwise, the prices at the bars - if they are open- is very expensive.

There is a bus stop near the hotel that will get you downtown and back. When coming back, just stay on the bus to the stop where you were picked up. It is the last stop and the bus waits there. You can purchase bus tickets at the hotel. 1 euro each way. No need to search for a place to buy a bus ticket.

The only thing that was strange here was the bathroom. The shower was in the corner of the bathroom next to the toilet. Just put the mat down and take your shower. Also, the bath towels were sheets not terry cloth. But they were clean and did the job.

11 Thank dakbg73
United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2005

This hotel was extremely dissapointing. The photos on the website are enhanced to show the hotel in a good light and the garden they talk about is the car park- mostly concrete with a couple of trees. I stayed there with my two children under five and the garden was not suitable at all for them. The rooms were run down, the bathroom was very small, very smelly, no bath, and the shower did not have a tray, so the water just poured onto the floor in a corner of the bathroom, but because it was so small and the curtain so inadecuate it meant that the whole bathroom got wet and very very slippy.
The bedrooms were very noisy - you could hear the sound from other bedrooms as if they were in your own room. The worst thing was that we were woken up at 3 o'clock in the morning by a bunch of men shouting and screaming in the bedroom above....
The area is not very nice. Nothing much to do, and quite far from the city centre. I went to the local park with my children and I was a little uneasy about the people walking about. I would certainly not recommend it at all.

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank moga1967
New Zealand
Reviewed 5 October 2004

We stayed at this hotel as part of our Contiki bus trip round europe. This hotel had to be the worst place i have ever stayed at! The rooms look nothing like what was published on the website for a start. The worst part of our stay was the terrible smell that permiated the rooms from the bathroom - it was the smell of raw sewerage - and was so bad i had to hold my breath while using the bathroom. The shower was also quite interesting to try and use - using it flooded the whole bathroom and was quite an unpleasant experience. Avoid this place at all costs.

8 Thank NZ_Scooter