My husband and 2 sons stayed at the Cimatori for 2 nights and everyone loved it! Domenico and Valeria were perfect hosts. When we got lost driving to it, they were very helpful with instructions on how to get to the parking garage. As a matter of fact, Domenico, the owner, drove with my husband to the garage so he would not get lost. (DO NOT drive into Florence!) Our room was spacious with one large bed and 2 twin beds and lots of room to move around in. The bathroom is a little small, but everyone made do. We loved the breakfast room. It has a large table and a small kitchen and a small table with a communal computer where everyone was able to check their e-mail. This costs 3 Euros for one hour which I thought was very reasonable. The breakfast consisted of pastries, cereals and cookies with coffee and tea. It was more than enough to tidy us over until lunch.
You get 3 keys, one to the front door, one to the 3rd floor and one to your room. There are no elevators, so be prepared to walk up 3 flights of stairs. Right outside the B&B is a very nice restaurant and a cart with bevarages and snacks. It is walking distance to all the main attractions in Venice.
We all enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Cimatori to anyone who is looking for a homey place to stay in Florence.
My only recommendation would be for them to make it clear on their web site that the street where the Cimatori is located is not accessible by car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cimatori Bed and Breakfast is an hidden gem in the heart of Florence right next to the Duomo, Palazzo Vecchio in Florence’s famous Piazza della Signoria and the Uffizi Gallery. Cimatori Bed and Breakfast is on the second floor of an historic building and it takes its name from the medieval square inwhich it is located.All major attractions are within a few minutes walking to make you feel right at home surrounded by the magic and romantic atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your B & B Cimatori reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast Cimatori
- b & b Cimatori Hotel Florence