“clean hotel, great contemporary design, good location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Leonardo Da Vinci

Leonardo Da Vinci
Ranked #356 of 421 Hotels in Florence
Orlando, Florida
“clean hotel, great contemporary design, good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Nice contemporary décor, wood flooring, clean hotel, floors are mopped daily and very well kept. I enjoyed this hotel, the design gives a nice warm welcoming feeling and it is very clean, good location next to train station but not too close to hear noise, very quiet, nice balcony. Within walking distance to everything, piazza signora and duomo. Maids did an excellent job keeping the place clean.

Cons, complaints are that the WiFi is really awful, it logs kicks you off internet in literally only one minute so you have to keep logging back in every minute. Big mosquito problem, tons of mosquitos and no effort made to resolve this. The flat screen TV is about the size of a laptop screen depending on type of room you get. The beds are tiny, like a cot, uncomfortable because I could feel the springs sticking in my back. Air conditioning does not do a good job keeping a cool room in the summer.

Overall I liked the hotel because it was clean and well maintained with a nice décor. If the management would make an effort to resolve the other problems then this hotel has alot of potential.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
Sigtuna, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I and my choir stayed in Hotel Leonardo da Vinci supposed to bee a 3 star hotel. The service was very bad and so the breakfest. The hotel is situated beside the railwaystation why it is very noisy even nighttime. But the worst thing was that at least 18 persons (around 33 percent) of the members of the group were afflicted by lice.
Avoid hotel Leonardo da Vinci in Florens

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank arthur237
Carmelo L, Direttore at Leonardo Da Vinci, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Custumer, thank you for your kind comments.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenient but honestly never before we had with kind of troubles in our hotel.

Honestly this problem arrived from clients luggages travelling around the world. It could happen, but not for our inobservance.

Then we thank you very much to let us know so now we are able to check your room and in case solve the problem.

Obviously our mission is satisfy each client, for this reason we are really sorry if your stay was not good as it got to be.

Hoping to welcome you again in our hotel for your next stay in Florence, I send you my Kindest Regards.

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

Seinajoki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. The basic things all worked, so our stay was pleasant enough. As Florence was rather hot at the time we were please with the air conditioning that worked well. We kept it on the whole day and as it was rather loud we were able to turn it off for the night and still sleep in pleasant condition. The free wifi also worked well until out last night when a group of students checked in, and then the connection started getting spotty. The staff were not too enthusiastic except for the blond-haired lady who was always ready to help. The breakfast was adequate, nothing spectacular but nothing really missing.

There were no big problems, except that there was no tv in the room. Reception informed us that some kind of electrical problem had fried some tvs and they had not got the replacements yet. Another person in our group told us that they had a tv set but no signal. Well, we did not really need the tv.

If you consider this hotel please be aware that although they advertise sound-proof rooms that is a gross overstatement. You can easily hear what other people are saying. That can be a problem depending on the people. And of course the hotel is near the train station. The trains do not run at night, but they woke us up every morning between 5 and 6. So you can sleep rather well, if you do not stay up too late. And of course you have to walk 10 minutes to the historic centre of Florence.

Overall, not a perfect stay but good enough for us.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is be know means a 4x hotel, the rooms are so basic not even a chair to sit on the shower room had a cracked toilet seat and the light didn't work, when I informed reception they said tell us tomorrow because we will forget, that's if the staff could be bothered to talk to me, the iron and ironing board and mini bar didn't excised the air-conditioning didn't work, the afternoon receptionist was just below rude but was out classed by the night porter who I have to say was the rudest person we had the miss fortune to meet when he was at the desk which most of the time he wasn't. in short stay any where but here

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night during a weekend in this hotel. The staff is unfriendly, there was no parking places available, and the hotel rooms are average quality. Bedrooms and corridors need to be refurbished with more modern features. We were expecting more from this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CBDA_DD
Limassol, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

we stayed there for 4 nights, the check in was easy, the receptionists very friendly. the room was quiet and clean. it is close to the train station and you can hear the trains but not at all annoying. the bad thing is that we were a couple and they provided us with one towel and changed it after 3 nights so we had to use our own. it was a pleasant stay but needs improvement.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maria C
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I am reading all the previous positive reviews and I am thinking I must have been in a different hotel ....
I went to Florence to explore fashion as part of our fashion degree at uni. Florence is fantastic, however the hotel was only downfall. On our arrival we were greeted by very unpleasant Italian male. Who was nothing but problematic. We were told that although the breakfast is between 7.30 - 1000 we are to come at 8.30 because they want all the groups together. This created a massive havoc when several groups started appearing. Then it turned out that on our last day we will not have breakfast that we paid for because we are leaving to early. I traveled around Europe, and every hotel supplies with a breakie in a bag in such situation. Italian male then processed to make rather unpleasant comments about students ... which was quite discriminating. All the way I was feeling sorry for our tutor who is lovely and sweet and very polite and does not deserve all the grief and disrespectful tone. Similar situation occurred when we were checking out.
Rooms:
We struggled to get into our room that has some random magnetic system different to any I have seen before. I was disappointed with the room. I stayed in Hostel in Berlin that had MUCH BETTER standard compared to this 3 star hotel. When we got in the smell of dust mixed with vinegar hit us. Single small beds were as hard as I imagine prison provides ... although the standard of prison in UK might be much higher. Very basic and old design of rooms. One of my friends have their room quite demolished, with lights not working and the power sockets located in a way that it was impossible to plug anything in. I have no reservations about the bathroom. All I can say about noise level is that the Hotel is located right behind the train station.
Breakfast
Breakfast is very basic ... cheese, ham toast and roll, very basic cereal and ... boiled egg... Ok there were croissants and that is pretty much it. We struggled to find tea ... in fact I only had earl grey once because the only tea offered was fruit tea.
I have been told by my friend that upon her return to hotel about midnight she was shouted at by concierge and told that it is late and she needs to go to her room.... Something that would NEVER happen in another hotel that I visited. I understand we are students (mature student myself) but I did not appreciate being treated in the described manner. We are also paying customers and I don't understand why the members of stuff felt they can be patronising. Not to mention being disrespectful to our tutors ....
All in all it is a No for me!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business