“A highlight of our honeymoon”

Cooking in Florence Personal Cooking Classes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Personal cooking class for small groups of family and/or friends. Wonderful.
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I had a private cooking class with Laura at her beautiful home near Santa Croce in Florence on the last night of our honeymoon, and we are so thrilled we saved it for last! Laura was so welcoming and patient with us as we worked with her to craft classic Tuscan and Italian dishes together in her fabulous kitchen. We let her set the menu and do not regret it for a moment. We will absolutely book another class when we return to Florence and cannot wait to do so!

1  Thank Katie E
All reviews
"market tour"
"olive oil cake"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this cooking class"
"our honeymoon"
"highlights"
in 8 reviews
"meats"

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My fiancé and I had an evening cooking class at the gorgeous Frattoria Santo Stefano in Chianti with Elena. This was such a perfect setting and we had the use of her huge kitchen!

Before the class we emailed to request a specific menu of our favourite dishes and this request was no problem. With all Italian regions having a slightly different take on dishes, we were a little worried that the flavours may be a little different from what we were after but we needn't have been as everything tasted fantastic, the flavours were spot on and after all was finished we would have to say this was the best meal we had In Italy, which we ate at sunset looking over the Chianti hills with a bottle of Santo Stefanos fantastic wine.

This was truly a highlight of our trip, and I would highly recommend everyone to have a go, not being much of a cook myself I was a little hesitant at first, but Elenas guidance and expertise was amazing and I'm truly confident I can go home and duplicate these dishes for years to come.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We were staying in Tuscany for a week with another couple and wanted to do a cookery course. Laura and Elena were quick to answer our emails and we made arrangements for Elena to come to our apartment to cook with us. It was an excellent few hours. I would highly recommend it for anyone wishing to learn authentic Tuscany dishes. Laura and Elena will set the menu to suit your requests. Tanks Elena for a great day.

2  Thank Maree R
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My wife and I did a personal cooking class with Laura on our trip to florence in early July, and we both thought it was one of the highlights of florence. Laura is a creat chef and our recipes we learnt have served us well since we got back! Thanks again Laura!

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and I were traveling to Italy for the first time, and decided to book Laura for a private cooking class and market tour! It was the BEST experience - from immersing ourselves into the culture at the local market, to rolling gnocchi in Laura's own kitchen, we had a great time and learned a lot. Highly recommend to any group small or large who loves Italian food. :) Would definitely do this again!