“Experience the amazing Tuscany countryside~ Breathtaking!”
Review of Riding with Cosimo

Riding with Cosimo
Book In Advance
More Info
US$69.73*
and up
Private Tuscany Cycling Tour from Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: After years of visiting my daughter here, my wife and I moved here. I am offering cycling tours to share the love of the incredible cycling available in the area. Cycling here has turned me into a dedicated road cyclist after years spent mostly mountain biking. The roads available here are so fun to ride with great scenery, excellent surfaces, opportunities to stop for panini or a cafe, simply enjoy life on a bicycle. I take out small groups of 1 to 4 people on cycling tours from Florence. I customize every tour for the desires and fitness level of the clients. Come to Florence and we can explore the Chianti wine country, the wild area of the Mugello, or the birth place of Leonardo da Vinci, among other options. We can do a single day or many days in a row without repeating a ride. Let's ride!
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was truly the trip of a lifetime for my husband and I. We found out about Mark through a friend of a friend, and it was an amazing experience. We rented bikes through Mark, which he fit perfectly to our bodies- making for a very comfortable ride. Not only is Mark kind, but he knows the most beautiful rides and can customize them for you. We always felt safe under his care-- which is so important because the roads and driving in Italy are so vastly different from the states. If we wanted a more challenging or easier day, he could quickly accommodate that too. We loved enjoying macchiato and crossiants with him on the rides. the views were unbelieveable and we really loved our pasta and wine for dinner after getting a great ride in! We were so thankful to meet him and would highly recommend this trip to anyone wanting to experience the Tuscan countryside (which I think everyone should!). Thank you Mark!

There are newer reviews for Riding with Cosimo

Reviewed 21 April 2014

What can I say? We now have a new appreciation and enjoyment for hill climbing!
My boyfriend and I took a tour through the Chianti Hills with Mark (Riding with Cosimo) and it was one of the highlights of our recent holiday.
Beginning with the booking process which was prompt and uncomplicated, Mark tailored the ride to our ability and desire. We were given options at several points along the way for easier or more difficult routes and to continue or make our way back to the starting point – the decision was completely ours and we never once felt restricted for time.
Mark was a great host and an extremely proficient rider who enabled us to enjoy a fantastic ride through beautiful countryside without the worry of navigation, where to find refreshment and the all-important bathrooms. He also took lots of photos of us throughout the day which was a really nice touch.
We highly recommend a day Riding with Cosimo if you’re looking to experience Chianti off the beaten tourist track and a bargain to boot. Thank you very much Mark.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Mark is an expert guide and he will take you into the hills that surround Florence for a fabulous experience of cycling along roads that pass vineyards, olive groves, small farms and quaint towns. My husband and I stayed in an apartment in Florence that Mark recommended and we were delighted; however, when I return, I will choose to stay in one of the hillside towns where the excitement of the city is a short bus ride away and the fabulous cycling can begin at my doorstep. If you are extraordinarily lucky (as was the case for us) Mark's wife, Emily, will serve as your city and art guide. She provides an intimate look inside the city without the chaos of joining a large tour group. I highly recommend Mark and Emily to make your visit to Florence the best possible experience.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We met Mark through another riding friend, and we enjoyed a couple of days with him first in the hills south of Florence, and then the next day north of Florence in Chianti. There wasn't a moment without beauty and stunning views, and Mark's choices of route were excellent. He has a strategy of choosing routes that can be "expanded" or "contracted" as the ride unfolds, and that is made possible the maze of tiny country roads in a maze... and Mark's excellent knowledge and experience with them. Hint: he's not looking at a map, he simply has these routes down cold and can make changes on the fly. Perfect for the visiting rider. Can't recommend him highly enough!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

All I can say is wow! The best part of our recent Italian vacation was the three days spent riding bicycles with Mark. We hoped to get to ride one day, had to do another and when our flight was cancelled we able to get in a third day! The roads were lightly trafficked, the scenery outstanding and the company was fantastic. I had thought about renting a bike and trying a self guided trip but the after riding with Mark it was obvious we made the right choice. The people at florence by bike were also wonderful. Great carbon fiber road bikes (Willier) well maintained with a super friendly staff at affordable prices. Still having dreams of our climbs and descents through the spectacular scenery. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank David W