“One of the best Pizzas on our Italian Road Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Osteria del Proconsolo

Osteria del Proconsolo
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Osteria del Proconsolo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 2,660 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Description: Romantic and traditional restaurant, situated near The Dome of Florence, Open all day from 11 To 23 PM, 7 days a week.
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best Pizzas on our Italian Road Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Gorgeous food and wine. Excellent service. Would return to Florence based on the pizza served here alone.

• Visited May 2014

• Slovak first
  • Turkish first
“Fantabulous! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

The place is great!! The location, service, food and the cherry on top are the cute waiters!! Me and friends love stopping by for an occasionally cappuccino every other day. The T-Bone steak is highly recommended!

Los Angeles
“Delicious and Centrally Located”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Just a short distance away from the Duomo, the Bargello museum and the Piazza Della Signoria, we came upon this restaurant, hungry and tired around the 4:00 PM hour. We had just left the Museo dell' Opera del Duomo and were making our way to the Piazza Della Signoria, and the owner was out greeting tourists and enticing them to enter. We were easy marks after not eating since an early breakfast. We did not go for the specials offered, and just concentrated on the pasta dishes. Ohhhhh, so glad I did!! I got the Spaghetti alla Carbonara, and YUM is all I can say!!! Rich, oh yes, but sooo worth the zillion calories it must have had. Bits of delicious pancetta and a rich, creamy sauce..my mouth is watering just writing about it. My husband had an equally delicious fettuccine alla Bolognese. Salty and slightly nutty Parmigiano-Reggiano to sprinkle on top? Oh yes...you know.
I followed up with a thick and creamy cappuccino while my husband had a thick, sultry cup of espresso. PERFECT way to get an energy boost for more walking.
This family run little osteria does it right! To find this restaurant, you simply walk toward the river from the very back side of the Duomo..it is on the same street as the Bargello museum, and will be on your right hand side.

• Visited March 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Rude owner & false advertising”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We walked by this restaurant around 4 in the afternoon and saw their 12E and 14E special. The man outside said if we came back later it would still be available. So we went back and rested for an hour and came back for an early dinner. Asked for the special and ordered it. Waiters were very kind and helpful. Seconds later the owner came and said it wasn't available for dinner even though we explained we were told it was. He did not seem apologetic and was rude about it. When we said okay well go somewhere else he said "okay go!" Worst food service I have ever had, especially from an owner. I have NEVER seen such a rude owner. (We had chosen here for dinner over places our hotel had recommended...needless to say we are sticking to hotel recommendations from now on as they are very welcoming and not rude)

5 Thank xoamyhope
Mountain View, California, United States
“First and last night in Florence!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Delizioso! Everything was fabulous, so much so that I was here twice during my short stay in Florence. Stumbled upon my first night, then made a point to come back on my last. Can't say enough wonderful things about the gnocchi - its always been of my favorite dishes. Here, it was the best I've had. Ever. Everything is made with fresh ingredients and prepared to perfection. The atmosphere is very inviting and the owner Alessandro was very attentive. I highly recommend!

• Visited February 2014