“Our trip to Florence”

Ranked #70 of 672 Florence B&B and Inns
Rochester, New York
“Our trip to Florence”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed in Florence 3 nights and were first greeted by Alessandro who was just wonderful and so helpful to us on our first visit to Florence. We had a suite (with an attached kitchen that we didn't use but maybe when we come back and stay for longer we would) that was large by even US standards. Both rooms were immaculate and had a lovely porch off of them that overlooked the gardens. Breakfast could be found a few doors down and while it was a simple cappuccino and pastry please note the round apple flan was outstanding. The site is not in the center of town but the little extra walking was fine and made me less conscious of all the wonderful food I had consumed during the day. Dennis (also wonderful) and Alessandro recommended we do the day trip to Siena. I would highly recommend this as it was probably the highlight of my stay in Italy. San Gimignano was probably the most beautiful little town I've ever been to and hope to go back some day. I would also make sure you climb the steps @ the Domo (if physically able to) as the view is spectacular. The restaurants they recommended were wonderful (while I can't remember the names). While we didn't do the museums as I left like all the churches we went to were 'museums' in their own right it was just fun to walk around the city and get lost. I didn't want to leave Florence and hope we will one day return. I would highly remommend Relais La Corte di Cloris.

Room Tip: The suite over looking the garden with attached kitchen was fantastic!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
DirezioneCloris, Front Office Manager at Relais La Corte di Cloris, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear guest from Rochester,

Thank you a lot for having choose Relais La Corte di CLoris for your stay in FLorence. We are really happy to know that you had a wonderful time in our place and in our city. All these nice words you spend to describe the way we offer hospitality makes us very proud.

Looking forward to host you here again,
I send my best regards.

Denis and all the staff of La Corte di Cloris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We booked 2 rooms for 4 nights through Booking.com and were very pleased by the rooms as they were quite large and ours even had a balcony with the Tuscan ceiling and everything. Olgeta was super nice and got in touch by email a few days before our flight, providing us valuable information as where to get in and how to get in after hours, etc. Fortunately, we were able to see her before she left for the night, so her insight about where to park and where to eat was very welcomed. They provide free Italian breakfast in a bar nearby but since it was closed on Sunday, they placed some breakfast in our rooms which was really appreciated. Hotel comes in with all the nice to have things like free Internet and satellite TV, etc but most important, nice comfortables beds and pillows. Htel is located 15 - 20 minutes walk from the famous Duomo so reaching the city center on foot is easy and safe at anytime day or night. Going back to Florence, La Corte di Cloris will be our place again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back with a balcony are very quiet and offer a nice view of the garden.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GlobeTrotter933
DirezioneCloris, Receptionist at Relais La Corte di Cloris, responded to this review, 23 February 2013
Dear Mrs.& Mr. Lachance,

Thank you very much for your kind review and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our Tuscan Style rooms with their tradition of terracotta and stone floors. I am really happy to hear you appreciated the advices I gave to you about restaurants and everything else. It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guest!
Thank you again and I am glad to hear that you make the Relais la Corte di Cloris your choice in Florence! I really hope you can stay with us again soon!

Olgeta and Relais la Corte di Cloris Staff
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights early Feb-2013. Location a bit outside main Florence area but reasonable. Approx 15-20min walk to basilica, 20min-25 to train station.

Room was large and we were given one that had a kitchen which we never used but nice to know we had the option. Alessandro whom checked us in recommended ZaZa for dinner and he was right. Good value, atmosphere and food.

As mentioned breakfast is off site at a local coffee shop but that was alright.

It was low season so we felt a bit isolated. I doubt there were any other guests staying or if there was perhaps only a few.

Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 11 January 2013

The hotel location is just perfect within easy walking distance or a short bus ride to the city center and also the train station. The room was very new, big, and clean. All the staffs were very helpful, especially Dennis who was always stay late in the evening to make sure that all guests would no longer need his help.

The only minor issue we experienced was about the breakfast as the hotel only provided a breakfast coupon for a plain croissant, and a drink to be taken at a bar close by. There were only choices of stale and boring sweet pastries. That was even worse when the bar was closed for 2 days, we had to have a prepackaged sweet supermarket croissant with a small cup of coffee instead.

Apart from the breakfast issue, we had a nice stay

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kittyjoy
DirezioneCloris, Front Office Manager at Relais La Corte di Cloris, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Dear guest from Bangkok,

Thank you very very much for taking your time to write this review. I'm really happy you do appreciate our rooms and our service!! Everyday we try our best to offer hospitality!!

Very soon we will be able to serve breakfast inside our Relais... and I'm so looking forward to have you here again to show you how much we care about what guests suggests.

West Country, UK
Reviewed 10 December 2012

The hotel was exceptionally nice. Good size room and efficient power shower. It was located not far from the city centre. The staff were very considerate (especially Dennis). It was very clean in all aspects. There were however two things that I did not like: the smell from outside when I opened the window and the fact that the staff did not replace coffee or tea bags daily in my room. What is the point to have a kettle without tea or coffee? But they do give you a free bottle of water, which is plus. I believe people from Britain would prefer to have tea bags. Local shops and supermarkets only sold very large economy size coffee or tea bags, that meant returning home with excessive amounts. Otherwise I liked everything else.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
DirezioneCloris, Front Office Manager at Relais La Corte di Cloris, responded to this review, 13 December 2012
Dear guest from West Country,

A huge thank you for this nice review and for the compliments about the Relais and the staff.

We provide tea bags only once at the arrival, then if guests want can take them for free from downstairs. Starting from now we are going to replace them everytime we see are finished. Thank you for letting us know. I appreciated and we are going to fix this.

Hope to host you here again.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Thank you to David and Olgeta for making our seven day stay in Florence so memorable.
The hotel, which is a 15 minute walk to the Duomo, was excellent and the facilities, including the garden and patio area were first class.
Highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Florence.

Room Tip: First floor at the back, balcony overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
DirezioneCloris, Front Office Manager at Relais La Corte di Cloris, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Hello Mr Joe,

It was a pleasure for us too!!! Your wife and you were so nice with us and guests like you makes our job more beautiful and more easy every day.

I'm so glad to know that you had an unforgetable time in Florence and enjoyed our small but lovely Relais.

Inadvertently you called me David but it doesn't matter. The most important thing is that you remembered us and took your time to write this pretty review.

I and all the staff will be very happy to have you here again.

Denis Lame
Buenos Aires
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Good, quiet, less touristic location. Confortable, well equiped, clean rooms, and even, some look towards its very nice gardens. But above all, helpful and kind staff, always giving good advice and tips. One thing to be taken into account would be renting bikes. Hotel is off the beaten track and bikes are, by far, the best way to explore Florence.

I would definitively reapet!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
DirezioneCloris, Front Office Manager at Relais La Corte di Cloris, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Hola Solana,

Thank you very very much for the time you take to write this lovely review for our magic Relais.

It's true we are 15/20 min walk from the historical city center but, as you said, by rental bikes it is a nice 10min ride.

I hope we can have you again here and since there,
I send my best regards.