“Great property and very enjoyable stay!”

Firenze Number Nine Wellness Hotel
Ranked #20 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This was our second stay in this property and both times it was an enjoyable experience. The hotel is stylish, the staff is attentive and the atmosphere is very pleasant...The hotel is located on a quiet street and all the major attractions are in a walking distance. We recommend this property to our friends traveling to Florence.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Adater
Write a ReviewReviews (1,686)

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Warm, welcoming, prompt and efficient. I am not exaggerating. The staff is what gives this hotel it's high rating on Trip Advisor. Of course it isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for and if you can afford it, this is your place. It's also conveniently located near Santa Maria Novella Train station for easy travel. I'd like to give a special shout out to the concierge Alessandro who can make anything happen for you. The only negative was, my in-laws thought the Spa wasn't warm enough, but since I',m not the spa type, I never set foot in there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sheehanphoto
Reviewed 8 April 2014

There are many positive reviews on this hotel already so I am simply adding another!

Just a little tricky to find, I arrived via train, went to the taxi rank, deposited my bag in the taxi, when I told him where I wanted to go, I was promptly told, you can walk, just there, turn left and right and you are there, well SOME time later I found the hotel, I have to say it would have been helped by an external sign would have helped to locate the hotel.
The very patient team in reception certainly made the search worthwhile, I had paid for an upgrade, the room was all that I hoped for and a little more. Every request to the front desk was dealt with promptly, efficiently and effectively. I would definitely stay here again.
Great location, my room was very quiet, much quieter than some of the other hotels I have stayed in when visiting Florence.
The concierge was most helpful and accommodating with his advice and I am aware that he saved me a lot of wasted time with his advice.
Just one hiccup on checking out, the process is worth checking - though the mistake was readily admitted and rectified.

Room Tip: I did not see the other rooms but to me the upgrade was really worth it. The room was quiet, decorat...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank FranEH1204
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This place far exceeded my expectations! I walked in wondering how my husband and I could afford to stay in a hotel like this. Even the "deluxe" room was a good 100sf larger than any other room we had. We had a "his and hers" bathroom with two sides with toilets, bidets, and sinks with a shower in the middle. First fill up on minibar was free. Even decent channels on TV (we mainly watched the music videos, but compared to other hotels we had in Italy, it seemed better). Happy hours included a few hors d'oerves, but nothing really special. The breakfast was by far the most choice and best we had on our trip - they have low-calorie options, gluten-free, dairy-free, an omelette bar, cakes, champagne, etc... It was endless and almost overwhelming! Service was wonderful, and the location was perfect. We even went to the gym/spa one day. The gym was pretty basic, and not very large, but they had quite a few machines both cardio and weight stations, and some free weights etc. The spa was hard to find per front desk instructions, but we figured it out. The jaccuzi is not a warm one to which we were disappointed. The main problem was that to reenter hotel area, we had to walk back past the gym dressing room and through the gym and hotel reception areas in our bath robes to get back to our hotel room, whereas on the way, we could just use the elevator down to the basement and avoid that.

2  Thank trishn23
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is my first hotel review on tripadvisor i felt motivated to write it because of the amazing experience that i had at Firenze Number Nine Hotel & Spa, from the check in to check out we were greeted by the lovely Yani who upgrade us from junior suite to the penthouse lead us to our breath taking special decorated room as we took a package included 20 min back massage for each by the very skillful Patricia , 2 h tour guide around Florence with the amazing Lara. the only turn off was the dinner at the hotel as the food wasn't that good compare to the other options around the hotel specially Cipolla Rossa Osteria which is few steps from the door recommended by the very friendly doorman who walk us to it. it was a really wonderful experience as we felt happy during our stay. special thanks to Yani for his hospitality.

1  Thank Aiman H
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Just back from a great two night break in Florence. Fab hotel, very central and close to everything one requires.... Beautiful room with really comfortable beds and the best pillows I have ever had in a hotel. Also the biggest jacuzzi bath I have ever seen in a bedroom ;0) One small criticism is the lack of English breakfast tea and milk in the room....but that would just be because we are English lol.

The hotel staff are fantastic especially Giuseppe the wonderful doorman.... Very special mention goes to Alessandro the hotel concierge who could not have been more helpful. He gave lots of advice and two fabulous restaurant recommendations. One, Mario's, for a great rustic lunch in a small restaurant full of Italians....very good pasta and fabulous red wine. The other, Club Culianario Toscano da Osvaldo, a fantastic find....traditional Tuscan food with an Innovative twist... I would highly recommend the fried artichokes is breadcrumb with pigs cheek....absolutely excellent!

Thanks Firenze Number Nine for a memorable stay in Florence.... We will be back!

2  Thank Katie W
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed two nights on business in a 'suite' (in reality a large room with some armchairs, not a separate sitting room). The wi- fi was down for almost the entire stay. Rooms incredibly noisy at night- barely slept on the second night & I'm not a light sleeper. No coat hangers in my room. Shower (not intuitive to use & no instructions) leaked all over bathroom floor. Toilet flush kept getting stuck & repeatedly flushing.

In all, for the price not the service I expected. The gym is great, but possibly because it is separate to the hotel. A colleague stayed at the Savoy- a smaller room but at least it had sound- proofing. If I had come here for a romantic weekend away I would be disappointed- not even a bath in a room which was over 200euros/night.

• Stayed: March 2014
6  Thank Lm35237
roberto B, General Manager at Firenze Number Nine Wellness Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Sir,
thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor . I am very sorry that it was not perfect as you expected and as we all work to make it .
The Wi Fi problem has been fixed finally and now the hotel has a new completely renovated WI FI signal , and powerful .
I am very sorry about the street noise but you could have asked at the reception for a change of room ,the city center at night can be loud even with sound proof windows.
Thank you very much for your attention and hoping to welcome you again at FN9 I send you my personal regards .

Roberto Boccacelli