“Amazing and next to the the Dormo!”

Firenze Number Nine Wellness Hotel
Ranked #19 of 410 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here for four nights in August 14. We has a junior suite on the second floor. It was a a romantic surprise for my wife. I made sure there were flowers in the room for our arrival!. Very central location and close to the station. We travelled to Siena and Lucca. Staff in the hotel were great. Happy hour go for it at 6.30 till 8.30. Speedy room service. Lots of reasonably priced restaurants within walking distance. Everywhere sells ice cream. Ask in the hotel which is the best! Would return here any time

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allan050651

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I just returned from Florence and spent 4 nights in this wonderful hotel with my sister. This hotel is beautiful and comfortable. I really liked the lobby/library set up; it almost felt like we were staying in an awesome home rather than just a hotel. All of the staff were extremely helpful and I liked how they sat down during check-in and reviewed how to get to certain sites, answer questions, etc. The rooms and bathroom were very modern but also so comfortable (especially the bed). The rainfall shower, as many reviews have mentioned, was great and had a proper full door which prevented flooding the bathroom with shower water which happens way to often in hotels. The air conditioner was extremely strong which I loved in the height of summer. Most importantly, the location was ideal-central to the main cathedral, duomo, and the train station(for arriving from Rome by train and taking day trips to Lucca, Pisa, and Montecatini Terme). This hotel was a winner and I hope to return someday soon.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Firenze Number Nine is everything that a great hotel should be! It is centrally located - minutes from historic sites and great shopping, but not on one of the busy tourist streets. The staff is professional, friendly and efficient (they quickly checked us in while we relaxed in the sitting area). The hotel is very beautiful, contemporary and has a very calming design. The rooms are large, spotlessly clean and well equipped with amenities, free wifi and strong air conditioning. The beds are incredibly comfortable, with luxurious bedding - I slept like a baby. The breakfast was great. All-in-all, Firenze Number Nine set a standard by which other hotels should be measured.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel was magnificent. The rooms were large and beautiful, the staff was friendly and the breakfast was great. This hotel is about a 3 minute was to the Duomo and a 1 minute walk to San Lorenzo and about a 8 minute walk to the train station. The location could not be better. It was a very cozy stay. The internet worked well and the TV had lots of channels. Absolutely loved this place and would come again in a heart beat!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

A very clean, spacious hotel! The staff were very friendly, and helpful when it came to choosing a restaurant. We loved the decor and ambiance of the space. Our room was very spacious and full of light in the daytime. The only negative aspect was that our room must have been close to a square, and you could hear the pedestrian traffic late at night and in the morning. Other than that, the location was excellent! We loved our stay and cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel is over the top. Large rooms (especially by European standards), the best breakfast spread we had in two weeks in Europe (including that at the Park Hyatt Vendome in Paris that cost 50 euros apiece), a full complementary mini-bar (for first use), exceptional modern and tasteful décor, good location, etc.
But I am subtracting a star for the gaffe and rude treatment that we received at check-in.
The check-in procedure is such that you are greeted once inside by a host that takes care of the details of your reservation, However, this host/greeter also functions as a concierge and after taking my credit card, he left us waiting while he answered questions from a guest. I had just gotten off the train from Rome, was tired, and when he was spending too much time with this rude guest and another was queued up behind him, the reticent ex-New Yorker that I am, I loudly asked another host to complete the check-in process before I expired in the lobby. The host knew that he had made a mistake and profusely apologized later, but the warm homey feeling that I felt for our Rome hotel was never to be recaptured.
BTW, when this process occurred in reverse, and I asked a question of a hostess in this case who unbeknown to me was busy with another guest, I was asked to wait, which I graciously did.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

After reading all the wonderful comments about this hotel, my fiancé and myself decided to try the hotel out for ourselves. Extremely friendly 5 star staff and excellent location. The breakfast isn't so good though. Not much variety or freshness. They didn't have any conditioner either, which was rather odd. Overall a pleasant experience.

Stayed: August 2014