“A Treat”

Ranked #529 of 2,875 Restaurants in Florence
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We had lunch at San Michele for no other reason than it looked a pleasant place to eat. The restaurant it was explained is an offshoot of an organic farming enterprise. Lunch consisted of deep fried sardines and courgette flowers with home made bread and wine, we returned in the evening for an equally excellent dinner. I would wholeheartedly recommend San Michele particularly if you are waited upon by the same two enthusiastic young waitresses we had.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

They claim that everything they serve here, both food and drink, is sourced from their own farm and organically produced. This is easy to believe as the quality of the ingredients of our meal was excellent. Beautiful fresh asparagus, intensely flavoured 'cinta senese' pork, fabulous pancetta, the best salami we have ever tasted, a great chianti and a vin santo that was so good we bought some from their nearby shop the next day. I would thoroughly recommend this place for anyone in search of consistently high quality produce in every part of their meal. The staff are obviously proud of what they do, and this restaurant deserves to prosper.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

The service was pleasant, no rush. Excellent food, fennel salad with tomato and rabbit ragu with wide-noodle pasta. All fresh and beautifully presented. I ended my dinner with a glass of vinsanto served with almond biscotti. Delicious. Tonight, I'm returning for the baccalà.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We were looking forward to eating here as it looks very nice from the outside and we needed a good experience in Florence.
We went on the Saturday before Easter and there were only one other couple in at the same time so a bit quiet even for us.
The food although good was a bit scarce, I had chicken from the farm which must have been very young as there was hardly any meat at all. The wine was good but twice the price of the wine I ordered so don't know if that was a mistake or intentional. I know I could have complained but then that can spoil your evening so I just never left a tip.

Try eating at Terra Terra or Il Teatro which is close by and have the sliced beef, it's amazing.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

recommended by our hotel ,behind the Duomo,not to far to walk. They have their own farm outside of Florence and grow most all of the ingredients for their dishes ? Doesn't get much fresher. The decor is clean, modern Italian with beautiful details and an open cooking area.. Excellent menu selection .Be sure. to try the cheese cake