“The Chocolates!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: Duomo
Saint Louis, Missouri
“The Chocolates!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I bought two chocolate bars from here while visiting Florence. They are divine and the packaging is beautiful. I think for the quality of the product you're getting the price is right. This is not a chocolate bar you'll scarf down in a few minutes, it's one that you can enjoy bit by bit over a couple of weeks. Nobody in there was rude to me as other people have said but rather they were soft spoken and shy. They were very kind to me and patient because I don't speak any Italian. I absolutely loved this place.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank meera b

• Finnish first
Henderson, Nevada
“Over priced & Rude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Agree with other reviewer, over priced treats. When we selected a couple items from the display and was handed pre wrapped hard candies and fudge I requested fresh cut fudge and got a attitude. Even the fresh items was average. Overall skip this place.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gary V
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The best pasticceria ever..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

bought so much stuff there, tried almost everything. Very delicate little candies as well as beautiful porcelain items. Beautiful.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Marta V
San Francisco, California
“Even the best candies and panforte cannot justify their outrageous prices!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

I've been in Florence for 3 months, and each time I've passed this temping dessert/candy store on the mail street, with its delectable confections so gorgeously wrapped or boxed, and said to myself, "I must go in here to buy nice things to take home as gifts before I leave."

Today I decided that *I* was the one who was going to get the gift. I'd walked for three hours, and felt I'd worked up enough exercise credit for a small treat. Unfortunately, a very small treat was all I purchased: a tiniest prepackaged bag of raspberry candies for €4.50. They were admittedly quite good, but not so much so that I would buy them again at that price, and those were the least expensive items I could find in the shop. Their panforte selections were astronomic, as noted by another recent reviewer. A pre-cut piece about the size of a sliver of cake went for €13-20 and waaaaay up. Unless they're putting precious gems inside, I cannot understand how their pasties are so much more expensive by far than anywhere else in Florence.

If you'd like to bring home some candy in a box the shape of the Duomo or the Campanile, by all means do. I almost did as well, until I saw that inside, there was very little actual candy. Naturally, you are paying for the novelty of the packaging. If you have several gift recipients, and would prefer to keep within a reasonable budget, it's best to patronize other shops - and there are many - with similar products, who don't pad the price by such a high percentage. I can recommend Scudieri, right there in the Piazza San Giovanni as well, or Sieni, in the Mercato Centrale / San Lorenzo area, five minutes down the road.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Alexinasf
“Great pasticceria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

This dessert haven along the busy calzailuoli street has a great selection of local florentine pastries & assorted chocolates, most of which would keep for months without refrigeration...the staff speak english & are helpful, even packaging your purchases nicely, perfect for bringing home or giving as gifts, or even as a delicious memento for your stay in firenze :) their products have a wide price range, so you would undoubtedly find something to buy here that would fit your budget :p

Visited September 2012