“Yummy fun!”

Ristorante I 4 Amici
Reserve with
Ristorante I 4 Amici is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #390 of 2,785 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$12 - US$239
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This was recommended to us by Fabio at Hotel Della Nazione in Firenze.. all I can say is WOW! We were greated by a glass of prosecco and a cute little bruschetta small bite. The waiters are fun and informative. I ordered sea bass livorno style which they brought on a rolling cart as a whole sea bass with head. Our waiter, Guiseppe, then proceeded to filet and plate it for me right at the table. I didn't want to eat it it was so pretty but boy I am glad I did. It was flavorful and delicate and everything I could have hoped for. The interior is modern Italian style and is quite lovely. I cannot say enough about this place and if I ever get back to Florence I will surely be visiting there again! Job well done signores!

1  Thank Corgichick
There are newer reviews for Ristorante I 4 Amici

Reviewed 19 September 2013

ended up here because of a storm, disappointed that we couldn't make it to our favourite restaurant, but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Not a cheap place, but totally worth it, they try very hard - freshest fish, top notch service, beautiful renovations, a very skilled sommelier. The place has been around for ages and clearly has a regular following, even though looked empty and next to the horrible train station. My fresh pasta with langoustines was amazing...one of the best italian meals I ever had, and I had a lot in Italy. And I write about food...btw.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The food was great! The crew is very attentive to your needs and regularly asks should you wish to serve the next plate.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I 4 Amici (the four friends) is a real gem. i have eaten there several times and have never been disappointed. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable and they know better than most which wines go with which food. The seafood pastas are divine and the branzino in salt crust is excellent. In addition, they also have some wonderful puddings - quite unusual for a fish restaurant!

i usually find that the best thing is to let them choose the food and the wine, especially the latter. Their somelier is up to date on the latest Italian wines and there is always something new and wonderful coming through. They stock good tuscan and umbrian wine but other wines from all other this great country.

They have recently invested in a new outside space but the inside is also clean, comfortable and air conditioned. They have a strong local following and a lot of regulars who come to the trade shows. in particular, the restaurant is popular with Japanese, Korean and some Chinese fish experts!

1  Thank PAlger
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Fantastic seafood restaurant tucked up the side of the railway station, a must when in Firenze. The salt baked crust sea bass was the best I have had in Italy (& I have had a few), the mixed starter was a real winner their interpretation of Sushi & the smoked swordfish beautiful not forgetting the prawn & saffron risotto,,,, very well recommended wines to accompany the meal my own being Greco di Tufo,,,, outstanding.